Calling All Central Scotland Bushcrafters!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Graham_S said:
how does the weekend 3rd feb-5th feb sound for the meet?

Good, very good :D
I've just spoken with Mike Brady, the Countryside Ranger involved, and he has agreed that this is a good time too.
Mike has kindly agreed to organise the access from the upper gateway so we can get cars safely off road, that side of the river as well.

Not all of us are familiar with these woodlands so a bit of a recce over the weekend would be a good idea, see what needs done over time, and since it's a site we intend to use in the future, maybe some 'infrastructure' work, i.e. hearth, oven, and latrine area could be done too.
By that I mean that I'd prefer that we don't leave anything that would be noticeable, unless you were specifically looking for it, on site.

Otherwise, the weekend's ours, what would you like to do?

George has suggested a discussion on tanning......we can get rabbit easily enough, deerskin takes a while......any other ideas?

Cheers,
Toddy

Edit: This one is getting a bit long, I've started a new thread, Central Scotland Meetup, Feb, 2006.
Cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE