Calling All Central Scotland Bushcrafters!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CraigM9

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2005
Clackmannanshire Scotland
On reading the feedback of the successful regional meets (scotland and the northern meet), I'm wondering what the interest would be for arranging a series of dates throughout the year with like minded bushcrafters across central scotland to meet up informally. Perhaps one day/weekend every month or two to share skills etc.

Your thoughts please? Any interest?

Cheers,

Craig.

Reactions: Graham_S

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Interested. Usual problems of venues and suitable dates to sort out. To be honest this mat tie in with Tobby's post about the Clyde Valley as that venue has the posability of being available for smallish regular meetings with major meetings a few times a year.

What may be an idea is a regular monthly meeting but at different locations. West coast one month, East next, then Central etc. That way a different person is acting as host each time.

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Yes guys definitely interested, some good ideas there MK. The usual problem is of finding a site that will accomodate 20 or so people. All the sites I use have limited accessibility and are only suitable for about half a dozen folk, so if there are sites available I'm up for it.

Cheers

JFW

CraigM9

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2005
Clackmannanshire Scotland
Thanks for the feedback guys - this is in line with my own thinking.

Does everyone so far agree in principle to MagiKelly's suggestion of an alternative host & venue each month?

I'm happy to produce and post a list if people could provide me with dates and venues. I have access to a site in Perthshire which could be used a few times a year with the landowners permission.

This could be the start of something very worthwhile!

Cheers,

Craig.

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
CraigM9 said:
JFW,

Where abouts in clackmannanshire are you? I'm in Alva if you ever fancy a pint and a bushcraft chat!

Craig.

I'm in Tilly so a meet up would be ideal. I'm a bit busy over the next couple of weeks but I'm sure I could fit in a quick pint in the Cross Keys. Maybe we should continue this by PM.

Cheers

JFW

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
I'm game.
Jeez Wayland, a sassenach viking - dunno, we've already got plenty of targets :p .

If we're piling up ideas/locations: I go out to Scotty's farm at Wishaw every spare weekend I get to chuck some arrows about. Folk are welcome to come along for a bit of field archery.

I'll sign us up for hosting a survival bow building session sometime. There's a derelict hazel coppice that would provide plenty of 2-3" dia trunks and endless arrow shafts. Hazel's just the job for gardener's bows as it's not prone to the shakes.
Before the time I'll cut and dry some and they'll be ready to work with an axe and knife, or they can be worked green with stone tools.

....interested in non-projectile-related outings too, and will have a word with the laird about maybe letting upwards of 100 folk loose on a quiet corner of kintyre for a week in the summer.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I could well be interested, depending on location - public transport can be a bit limiting in this regard. ;)

prp90

Oct 30, 2005
scotland
i would definatly be interested (crapy job permiting)

i guess it is a small world after all i also live in clackmannshire, in sauchie

paul

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Is there a hall in Sauchie, by any chance?

Sorry, idle curiosity....
There's a Saracen's Head down in norfolk that I passed a few weeks ago. Y'know, that kind of curiosity :rolleyes: .

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
prp90 said:
i would definatly be interested (crapy job permiting)

i guess it is a small world after all i also live in clackmannshire, in sauchie

paul

It sure is; one of my grandmothers came from Sauchie, the other from Tullibody. Their families had lived in the area from before the Industrial Revolution.
My grandpa caught a four foot long pike in the Delph....which I believe is now a housing estate :eek:

Cheers,
Toddy

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Well, of course, i'm interested too. So lift available if you want it, Dunc (and anybody else for that matter)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE