Calling All Central Scotland Bushcrafters!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Cold? can't say I noticed bit bracing maybe ;)

Once again thanks to Craig for the venue and the chocolate digestives :D

Was sorely tempted to stay an extra night but have to try and save some of my bushcrafting night out passes. Still I am sure there will be another meet along soon.

Doc, how did you find the Hammock. I was going to ask you as you while you were getting ready but you seemed to be trying to figure out what direction your car was in.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Yeah...fortunately found the car after only four hours of wandering around in the mist and dark.... :)

Hammock was good. Very comfy lying at a slight diagonal. Despite the temp (I'll split the difference with JFW and assume it was five below) I was warm enough with just an 8mm closed cell mat and the '58 pattern sleeping bag. I didn't bother with the bivvy bag. I reckon the 2.5m Kathmandu tarp would have been fine if it rained given the lack of wind. But for wind and rain I'm going to need a bigger tarp.

The Kat tarp is great as a ground basha though, and only weighs 300g.

Ross is a good bit better and will no doubt be firing on all cylinders for the next meet.

They say that birch is a short lived tree, and this maybe explains the excellent wood supply ('wood chance', as it used to be called). It struck me that we could possibly have had enough wood to put together a lean to with long log fire and try sleeping out without a sleeping bag. I've never tried this - it's not so easy to do in the UK as you need a lot of wood.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Big thank you to Craig for organizing this meet. :You_Rock_

It was a great chance to try out all our sub zero gear and strategies. Mine need a bit of rearrangement but not too much. Picked up some good new ideas. :thinkerg:

Nice to meet old faces and new, hope to see some of you at the full members meet.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Hi guys,
Sorry for the no-show but things went a bit squirrley last week and all plans were off. :(

Sounds like a good night out was had. :)

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
how does everyone feel about a longer meet at achray (the location of the previous scottish meet)?
perhaps five days over easter? (assuming of course we can book it)
it's a nice site and worth a return trip.

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
CraigM9,

the link just gives an empty image, can you sort it out please. I want a better look at the Michelin Man - Graham?

Cheers

JFW

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
JFW said:
CraigM9,

the link just gives an empty image, can you sort it out please. I want a better look at the Michelin Man - Graham?

Cheers

JFW

Now, that is no way to refer to a Master of the Jedi Council.
Offend him, you will. :)

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I like you guys. Especially the way the campfire banter persists long after the campfire has gone out. ;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
D'you know I was just thinking about that. How about another mini-meet before Easter? Maybe over a weekend with a good weather forecast? And if the site seems suitable then lets arrange a longer Easter event so that folks can drop in as they can find time/organise things with families & work.

Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE