Calling All Central Scotland Bushcrafters!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
im into but this thread is long and confusing. once someone capable has set a date can it be confirmed in a new thread so we all know whats going on???

CraigM9

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2005
Clackmannanshire Scotland
Ok Guys,

Here's the situation so far:

Location - Plean Country Park (mixed woodland outside Stirling) with 2 dates.
1. 3rd - 8th Jan
2. 28 - 29th Jan

I'm just off the phone with the ranger who will show me next week some suitable spots we can use. He has a few places in mind for the parachute canopy and group fire with individual hammock and basha areas close by. The ranger will run it by his line manager but doesn't anticipate any problems. He will also provide us with a key for the car park gate (locked after 7pm). When he asked about numbers I said up to 15 which he's happy with.

He will also inform me ref insurance arrangements as there may be a concern if one of us injures ourselves then claiming against stirling council - I will feedback what he tells me!

So, for those willing could I have an expression of interest and your preferred dates within the 3rd to 8th - no point picking a random date if no one can make it. Let me know and we go with the most popular dates - simple! I will post an update after my meet with the ranger.

Cheers,

Craig.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Nice one Craig. I've been to Plean before - interesting place.

Either date ok for me.

I'm meeting someone next month about a possible, fairly remote, Perthshire location - if it comes off I'll let you all know.

CraigM9

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2005
Thanks guys for the interest so far.

Will post an update next week after I've met the ranger.

Doc - hope you get the go ahead for your Perthshire venue, sounds interesting!

Cheers,

Craig.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Originaly Posted By Doc
On a similar theme, would anyone fancy a go at clay pigeon shooting (being able to hit moving targets being a useful bushcraft skill)?
Scotty suggested we might be able to shoot on the farm. We're going to have a look at the bottom field to see if it's feasable. He's pally with the surrounding landowners in case we need a bit of extra space.
Not sure yet, just mentioning it because it's only a mile downstream from the woods that Toddy is looking into and might offer somewhere have a play at that kind of thing during a fair sized meet :) .

On a similar theme :rolleyes: , theoreticaly we could legaly take a bunch of air rifles and go on a bunny hunt at a meet, couldn't we? A bit of skinning and hide preparation would be good to see and it'd fill a pot.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I'm sure that's July's forecast, isn't it Dunc... :)

Incidentally we are in for 45 knot northerly winds and snow this weekend :eek:

soa_uk

Forager
Jul 12, 2005
Highlands
gregorach said:
Sure - it will be cold and dark, with a high probability of rain, sleet, snow or hail. ;)

I moved up here from Manchester 2.5 years ago.

Can I just point out that there's less precipitation where I now live?
OK, it is a fair bit breezier, and a bit colder.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi all, i would'nt mind coming along if i ain't working,WORK thats all i seem to be doing,i was over on Islay the other week and i'm just back from Barra,Uist north and south,off to Campbeltown tomorrow then Tiree.Man do i need to get some nights in the woods sorted out for a bit of R and R.

Either of the dates i will try for.

QUOTE=MagiKelly]Once you take to the trees you will never go to ground again :D[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with the ground, anyway does'nt hammocks tend to make people snore,they do if IRC... :rolleyes:

CraigM9

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2005
Hi All,

Just back from my meet and recce with the ranger for our january location at Plean near Stirling. Couldnt get any pics of the site due to the snow so will go back next week!

Dates are:
1. 03/01/06 & 04/01/06
2. 28/01/06 & 29/01/06.

OS 1:50k Sheet 57 Stirling & The Trossachs
Access Gate: GR82498595 Bivvy Area: GR82568592

General Info:
There is a hard standing about 80 metres from the access point (a gate we will have the key for) which should accommodate about 10 vehicles. Water will need to be brought in and Alan (the ranger) will provide a shed load of logs for the group fire. He will pop down to meet us for a brew and a chat. The site is ok for an overnighter and there are a few surrounding features we can recce too.

Insurance:
Stirling Council will take no responsibility for claims. Alan advised to have your own if your worried about taking your hand off with your SFA!

Group size:
Due to site size it can't be more than 20. So first 20 names to me books your slot!

So all you need to do is confirm and see you then!

Regards,

Craig.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Put me down for the 3rd,possibly with one son, if kids are ok. Will have to either make it a day visit or leave very early in the morn as I will have to work on the 4th, and after four days of NHS24 cover, it is going to be hell

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE