Calling All Central Scotland Bushcrafters!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i too am interested. tentsmuir forest is on my doorstep. (although it'd only be suitable for a one day meet as there is no camping there) although i'll easily travel.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
On a similar theme, would anyone fancy a go at clay pigeon shooting (being able to hit moving targets being a useful bushcraft skill)?

One option would be to meet up at a commercial venue like Cluny Clays in Fife (there are others). Costs about 20p per clay plus about 10p per cartridge - say £15 for 50 shots (maybe less). Alternatively, if we have land, we can launch clays ourseves for 2 - 3pence each, plus 10p a cartridge. I have a 12 bore and a .410 (little recoil so ok for juniors/ladies) and others may have other options.

Obviously not everyones cup of tea but might be an opportunity to add another skill to the repertoire.

CraigM9

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2005
Clackmannanshire Scotland
Ok Guys,

Here's what I've established so far:

NAMES LOCATIONS SKILLS DATES
Craigm9 Stirling & Perthshire
James O'connor
Magikelly Clyde Valley (Tobby's)?
JFW
Wayland Any contacts in Borders area?
Soa-uk Highlands?
Grooveski Scotty's farm Wishaw?
Kintyre?
Gregorach
Gaspode
Prp90
Toddy
Doc Clay pigeon shooting?
GrahamS Tentsmuir forest?

Thanks for the encouraging responses folks, this is starting to shape up hopefully into a formalised 2006 meets programme - any more offers of dates and sites is welcomed.

Also, can anyone tell me who organised the recent Scottish meet (Loch Achray) - this could also be another potential weekend site?

Cheers,

Craig.

PS. Didn't realise how many people were into bushcraft in 'The Wee County'!

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
i cant tell you i'm afraid! we've all been sworn to secrecy as to the person who organised the last meet! i could give you different names to the organiser but it would be like cunjoring rabbits from a hat!!!...we'd all like to keep his name to such a secret as hiding cards our sleeves!! :D

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Great, now that I have a longbow you can show me how to use it.

An armguard! Knew there was something else I meant to make at the meet. I remember looking at the punch and thinking there was something..... :rolleyes:

CraigM9

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2005
Clackmannanshire Scotland
Ohh the magical powers of deduction eh! Thanks to my lovely assistant James for the hint!

Magikelly - pm on the way later today mate!

Looking at my earlier post and list of names I'm happy to start organising a meet for january (near Stirling or Perthshire tbc!). Would folks feel happy with either the weekend of 13th - 15th Jan 2006 or 27th - 29th?

Cheers,

Craig.

PS - any volunteers to host a feb/march weekend?

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
CraigM9,

I would be up for either weekend, my pref would be for the 27-29 jan as I have a gig on the 13th - could still make the 14-15 though.

Cheers

JFW

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Date wise I think that the period of the 3rd to 8th of January is worth looking at.Not the full 6 days just a couple of days during that period as the building trade and schools are off till the 9th. It is after Christmas and New Year so people may be off work and looking for something to do after the festivities. A meet up would be a good way to unwind after the excesses of the festive period (and having to deal with inlaws ;) )

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
date wise i'm with john on this one. i'll be in lanark around that time so i should be able to make it. parking wise, i'll just leave my car at my parents place and get dropped off
everyone can play with their bushcraft related xmas presents.
i plan to be at the north meet over new year but i'll be back in time for these dates.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE