Bushy calendar

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
taverham, thorpe marriott, norfolk
had an idea to make a calendar of all things bushy. not going on exact dates obviously but wanted to include things like when to harvest birch sap, when to forage shrooms, etc. does such a thing already exist? if not can you bombard me with timings n dates etc and i'll get right on it

cheers

munkiboi182

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Hey good idea, I will even pose topless in my tilly hat for a small fee , errrm joking :) errrm well actually I probably would ;)

great idea, good on you if you can get it together

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
cheers guys. cant do it without your help tho. feel free to fill this thread with anything you can think of to put on it. when i think i've got enough i'll post a draft and get the general thoughts, then go on with the final product. i'll start...

march - april -- birch sap present for tapping
oct-nov -- mushroom picking

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Your probably about to find out why!

Seriously I think its a great idea and I also think it has commercial potential
But its a big old job
Before you know it a calendars a book AKA an almanac
I would like to see moon phases incorporated

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Are you looking at making the diary a stickie that can be held here on the open forum or are you actually making a 'product'?

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
one thing, tide times are specific to each area and I know from experience, you need to apply for a licence from the hydrography people to publish them. You then have to get the tidetimes from somewhere and that usually costs again.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I remember this comming up a couple of years ago I think?
Alot of good ideas, I can't remember why it didn't get off the ground?
I shall have a search around.
best.
C.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Re tide times. Tidal times are all different all over the country but can be reconciled with a few key ports such as Dover, Aberdeen and there are a few others. Obtaining permission may not be easy but if theres no charge they may not get excited. If it's going to be an online document then just a link may suffice.

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
cheers guys. i think tidal times might be a bit of a stretch and a little to deep into detail for what i was thinking of.

Jackcbr, a pdf version is exactly what i was thinking of but i have no idea how. i was just gonna do a colourful excel style thing and post it as an image. perhaps we can collaberate once i've got enough data to put on it. im thinking of something that can be printed off and stuck in day sack for when the need arises

the other idea i had was a month by month BCUK calendar with a monthly pic (like you get off vista print, etc) but the costs start building up with that and im skint pretty much all the time.

mountainm, if you could get me some times for naural tinders i would be grateful
so ive got...

shroom times
bich sap
an extensive list of wild edibles
game seasons
fishing seasons
moon phases

keep adding guys and i'll start making

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
cheers guys. i think tidal times might be a bit of a stretch and a little to deep into detail for what i was thinking of.

Jackcbr, a pdf version is exactly what i was thinking of but i have no idea how. i was just gonna do a colourful excel style thing and post it as an image. perhaps we can collaberate once i've got enough data to put on it. im thinking of something that can be printed off and stuck in day sack for when the need arises

the other idea i had was a month by month BCUK calendar with a monthly pic (like you get off vista print, etc) but the costs start building up with that and im skint pretty much all the time.

mountainm, if you could get me some times for naural tinders i would be grateful
so ive got...

shroom times
bich sap
an extensive list of wild edibles
game seasons
fishing seasons
moon phases

keep adding guys and i'll start making

Get me an excel matey and I can knock it up in a couple of formats.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE