Bushmoot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
The whole family is pretty keen to come along, but it's looking unlikely as to whether we will be able to make the whole thing, does anyone know if this will be a problem, also any idea on costs yet?

Cheers

Pib

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
pibbleb, I'm sure that will be fine. Just come along for as long as you can. :) You wont regret it.

Tony will be sorting out the price very soon so keep watching...

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
The whole family is pretty keen to come along, but it's looking unlikely as to whether we will be able to make the whole thing, does anyone know if this will be a problem, also any idea on costs yet?
It'll be no problem at all.... prices are yet to be confirmed, but you will be able to pay on a per day basis rather than fork out for the whole event if you can't make all of it.

Ed

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
That's great Guys, thanks. We are pretty much up for it, however, my good lady has just informed me she may not have that weekend off now, anyway's as long as we aren't talking hundreds and hundreds I'm pretty sure we'll be there a least a couple of nights.

Pbi

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
OK, here’s some more info on the Moot, it’s quite big this year leading to a lot more complications and expense, flying Mors over ain’t cheap! Here’s just some of the stuff going on:

There’s too much to list here but I’ll give you a bit of a taster and get more info up soon.

Mors is going to be taking workshops and discussion groups for the whole time, it seems that that’s what he really wants to do so who are we to prevent a man like him from doing what he wants! He’ll be there for the whole Moot.

Other activities include hobo stove making/reflector ovens by Four Dogs stoves (He’s flying over form the States for the Moot as well! Flintknapping, bowmaking, knife making, Bamboo workshops, tracking, bowdrill and handrill, wild foods, cooking, shelter building, knots, cordage, plant walks, archery, safe knife use, knife sharpening, Hangi (which was a huge success last year) spoon carving and so much more. There’s going to be key workshops going on at set times and other wokshops going on all day.

It’s running from Friday 28th July through to Tuesday 1st August. 5 days / 4 nights. You can arrive from midday on the Friday and leave at any time on the Tuesday. If anyone needs to arrive earlier, or leave later contact me and I’ll see I can sort it out for you. If you arrive earlier you might be coerced into helping set up!

The cost for the Moot is
£50 an adult
£20 for youth 12-16
Under 12’s free with two adults or £5

Day rates, people are more than welcome to come for just some of the Moot:

£15 per day - This includes staying the night if needed.

Any questions feel free to shop@bushcraftuk.com if you want to pay via paypal you can do so using the same address. Please put BushMoot payment in the subject.

You can post questions on here as well.

It’s going to be an absolutely fantastic event that's non profit so it's as affordable as I can get it, see you there.

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
Tony, excellent news and a fantastic price.

I'm hoping to bring my son, we have two new hammocks to try out, will there be plenty of hanging points available?

Andy

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
I'm booked. Been looking forward to this for ages :)

Any idea how classes/ talks etc. are going to be booked or allocated?

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Most classes and talks are open to all..... there may be some other classes which you'll need to book for as there are minimal places (ie bowmaking material cannot be supplied to everyone) .... but mainly you can come to any of them.

:D
Ed

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
This is a bit naughty having the moot start on pay day what will swimbo think.
there's going to be so much to do an so little time to do it, can't waite.
PM you with PP payement tommorrow Tony :You_Rock_

Ian

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
The moot is open to all.... BCUK registered members, their families and friends.... the more the merrier ;)

:D
Ed

Edit: By registered member, I mean those that have signed up to the forum... not 'full' members who have paid their subs..... sorry for any confusion..... as i said above... open to all
:)

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Are there any costings availible yet ? Really looking forward to this moot . Is the moot site up and going yet ? Only my pc keeps throwing a hissy fit on certain websites and it wont let me get on it if its there . I did build it myself mind ! I am thinking it ight need some new bailer twine !
Pumbaa

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE