Bushmoot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i know the location is (the july aug this is) the same as last year Merthyr Mawr, not sure about cost but i would guess its similar to the last and i dont know about activitys either but..... Mors is coming :approve: :):wow1: :red: :240:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Cost is yet to be anounced.... there are a few things in the pipeline, but yes Mors Kochanski (Author of 'Bushcraft') is comming over from Canada..... and i hear he would like to teach while he is here.... he's not here as a celeb .... which is nice :D

Dates are on the front page of the website..... details of the venue merthyr mawr can be found in the meetups and social chatter forum..... do a shearch of past moots.

:)
Ed

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
There's going to be some great stuff going on there, as usual it will be based around workshops, John Lord is coming again, Mors, Patrick and a few others as well as highly skilled members sharing their knowledge.

This is going to be a bit more than last year cost wise, I've got to cover more expenses this year, but, as usual, it will be at cost, this is a non profit event.

It's also been extended again, nearly everyone wanted a week so this is the compromise! It's going to be an absolutely fantastic few days and as usual it's family orientated so the kids are welcome, there's lots for them to do there.

I’ll get up more info soon ;) Book the dates with work etc now though!

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
It's gonna be packed this year I expect! I hope I will be able to make the journey for at least a couple of days :)

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
Thanks for all the info, I am going to have to re-arrange the summer hols with the better half, cant miss the opportunity to listen to Mors, and get him to sign my copy of his book!

:D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ed said:
Excellent..... I missed him last year.... had a good chat with val but didn't have the time to do the knapping.

Ed

He should be there for two days this year so that will be two one day workshops for up to 15 people each.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Hi everyone,

This is probably a question for Tony, as mentioned Mors is not attending as a celeb but would he be prepared to sign a copy of his book?

I wouldn't want to hassle the man over something trivial but it would be nice if he could, after all he is a bit of a celeb in our circles :D

Rgds

Moduser

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
moduser said:
Hi everyone,

This is probably a question for Tony, as mentioned Mors is not attending as a celeb but would he be prepared to sign a copy of his book?

I wouldn't want to hassle the man over something trivial but it would be nice if he could, after all he is a bit of a celeb in our circles :D

Rgds

Moduser

I am sure he would be happy to sign a copy, he is an extremely friendly guy (and extremely modest)

just ask politely and at an appropriate time.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
moduser said:
Thanks for that Stuart.

My copy's a bit battered but that's because it's been read some many times and tends to sit in my pack when out and about.

Cheers

Moduser

He'll probably be happier signing it all the more because it is battered with use.

pignuts

Jun 15, 2005
cant wait for the summer moot.sounds great, once again!! are there any other moots planned for this year,, in the spring , as we're desperate(family and i) to get out there and meet up with others. its been a long hard winter in hackney!!

stevo

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2005
Scotland
is all the information for the moot going to be done through threads, or will it appear on the new web site ....?

what are the dates exactly?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
There's a BushMoot section going up dedicated to the Moots, I was going to put up a separate site but I've changed my mind, I'll redirect the domains to the new pages. We'll use the forum for another week odd and then the info will be on the new part of the site.

The dates are July 28th to 1st Aug ...it's going to be a great few days :D

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
If we have approx 3,000 members and only 1% attend, that is still 300 people. Will the area support that sort of number? If the moot is very popular, and a limit has to be placed on numbers, ie 1000 people want to come, how will allocation of places be made?

Ta

TC

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE