BushMoot 2014 4th Aug - 16th Aug 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Great news! Thanks Tony.

The campbed MadDave sold are REALLY comfy. Mine's set up in my house for when I'm working late there and can't be ahrsed to drive back to my lodgings at night. Well pleased with that purchase. Thanks Brother!

Hi folks, contrary to rumours I have not been kidnapped and sold as a masseuse to a harem! Just buried under with real life stuff at the moment. If you PM'ed me I found out that inbox was full so resend if it was important. Been running like a mad thing since getting back from this years Moot, I haven't even downloaded the pix of it from my camera yet! Hoping for a slow weekend to get myself in order. This is the 2nd time I've been able to log into BCUK since mid August!

bushferret

Jun 15, 2013
United Kingdom
Came along to this years Bushmoot with my son,we enjoyed it that much that i intend to bring the rest of the family next year plus some friends of mine.A little message to anyone who is thinking of booking the Bushmoot next year just do it you'll love it great people great place in my opinion you can't beat it.

JohnnyB

Jul 26, 2013
York
YIPPEE! That gives us 48 weeks or so to look forward to it! And to rope as many mates in as possible to share the Bushmoot love.

May 6, 2010
uk
www.coastalsurvival.com
I wander, if for those who don't take every opportunity to hone there fire side cooking skills at the moot, and for those who do and wish to have a few pointers and professional tips, would a few fire side cookery afternoon sessions/lessons work, where by the food that has been cooked and prepared during the session, then became available to be received by any one that just wants a night off from cooking etc. the proceeds would then be donated back to BCUK?

Say 3 sessions starting around 4pm, preparing, cooking and serving food for 7 ish? Every thing being made from scratch! I have tried to cover a broad range of skills with in the menu, with obviously some slight repetition. Keeping it simple, but delicious!

The suggested session menus:

Baking + Frying - Pizza's - Chips - Donuts - Cup cakes (with camouflage icing) ;)

Flat pans - Risotto - Paella - Flat breads - Pancakes and syrups.

Deep pans + Grilling - Marinaded meat, fish, veg - Stews - Sauces - Steamed puddings (yes there will be chocolate and ginger)

We will try and use some foraged and wild food where poss.

Don't know if it would work. or if its something you all may want?

I think Im right that a few folk sounded keen when I suggested it around the fire this year?

Looking forward to another great week in the woods (if Im wanted) with a totally mad (but lovely) bunch of people, always feels like home ;)

Cheers

Fraser

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
The wife has decided that this BushMoot thing might be good fun so myself and Clan will be able to attend some of the event for the first time, although she is insisting on taking the tent...

Looking forward to it

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My shift pattern shows me being off work between the 3rd - 12th so I'll be booking a 5 or 7 day block for Ice Lady and Myself ;)

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
The wife has decided that this BushMoot thing might be good fun so myself and Clan will be able to attend some of the event for the first time, although she is insisting on taking the tent...

Looking forward to it

Dipping toe - Day Visit
Paddle - Caravan
Shallow end - Tent
Deep End - Tarp/Hammock
Hardcore Deep Dive - Sleeping at NC!

Ease her in gently then.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE