Bushmoot 2013 - who is going?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Paddytray, trust me those yurts stank when I was there last year so it won't be a treat at all to your missus to spend time in that. Not unless they've had a major upgrade. As for any ceremony, I'm pretty sure if it were by open invitation those that want to take part can and those not wanting to can choose not to. It's a pretty casual bunch there Christians rub shoulders with pagans without friction at all. Least it seemed that way to me.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
How lovely that a couple are refreshing vows at the moot this year... the idea of walking under a row of shineys will make a memorable photograph :) Count me in for wandering to observe your vows, I'd love to be part of that :)

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I was about to say that the one near the naughty corner was OK when I popped my head in but then I remembered I lost my sense of smell for a month last year! I suppose those LARPERS can get a bit hot and sweaty in those things, doesn't bare **** thinking about! I heard a rumour that the nudists use them as well, and black and white foxes, bang!

A bulk order of incense and lavender might do the trick.

That is cool, automatic censoring of ****!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
yeah that would be awesome but I didn't want to impose on others

As for any ceremony, I'm pretty sure if it were by open invitation those that want to take part can and those not wanting to can choose not to. It's a pretty casual bunch there Christians rub shoulders with pagans without friction at all. Least it seemed that way to me.

Personally I wouldn't feel it an imposition... more a case of happy that you'd want us to be sharing your special moment :)

I think Aaron has it... decide a time you wish to repeat your vows and venue then go for it. Oh, and ask anyone who attends bring an Axe :cool:

lumberjack-jpg.jpg

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I think this forum is more religeously tolerant than any I've met really... but theres a big pagan & other religions contingent and we're all kinda bound by something bigger in nature, I reckon :) I still remember bricking it at being expected to join morning prayers, most worrying for a noob who didn't realise what it meant!

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Travel light in life;
take only what you need;
a loving family,
good friends,
simple pleasures,
someone to love,
and someone to love you;
take enough to eat, enough to wear,
and a little more than enough to drink;
for thirst is a dangerous thing.

jedi-knight.jpg

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
cheers for the heads up I can do without the smell .
I was hoping to get away from the smell of my boxer/mastifs for a few days I'm sure the smell is on par with there backsides .
Turbo girl ,tawnyhare and anyone else is more than welcome to tag along to whatever we decide to do :).
I'll be wearing my sword for sure so a arch of axes only seems fitting to walk out of the circle .
Amy is a shy but in no way quiet girl (merthyr Tydfil girl).
So she may squirm at the idea of a big HOO HAR but a few words and our vows while our hands are bound .
in a circle of our family within a circle of any well wishers and onlookers does sound good to me :grouphug:.
Share some Mead eat some food then crack on with our day of Bushy awesomeness .
Cheers for all your replies and sorry for the :jacked:

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
cheers for the heads up I can do without the smell .
I was hoping to get away from the smell of my boxer/mastifs for a few days I'm sure the smell is on par with there backsides .
Turbo girl ,tawnyhare and anyone else is more than welcome to tag along to whatever we decide to do :).
I'll be wearing my sword for sure so a arch of axes only seems fitting to walk out of the circle .
Amy is a shy but in no way quiet girl (merthyr Tydfil girl).
So she may squirm at the idea of a big HOO HAR but a few words and our vows while our hands are bound .
in a circle of our family within a circle of any well wishers and onlookers does sound good to me :grouphug:.
Share some Mead eat some food then crack on with our day of Bushy awesomeness .
Cheers for all your replies and sorry for the :jacked:

Sounds like a good plan :)

Gailainne

Life Member
My missus just brought us tickets as a treat .Yet it lands on our handfasting year and a day. How do I make it special for her ?. As she did this for me and would much rather a hotel !.
We are ment to repeat our vows among equals and peers . And I need ideas she deserves something for even putting up with me yet alone going without fluffy pillows lol .
Paddytray .;

Not sure if you are aware but the perseids meteor shower will be happening overhead every night of the Moot, peak is the 12th, I'll hopefully be on top of one the larger dunes watching the light show.

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
Not sure if you are aware but the perseids meteor shower will be happening overhead every night of the Moot, peak is the 12th, I'll hopefully be on top of one the larger dunes watching the light show.

Ooh how wonderful I saw them last August ... Something else to look forward to :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE