Bushmoot 2009 - THANK YOU!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
jdlenton and listenclear made music that just enriched the whole event :D , just such a pleasure having you around.

your very welcom Toody it was a plaseure to be in your company :bandit:

we'll have to "get down" "get down again" soon
now i'm doing it :D

J*

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Glad it was a good one all. See the pesky wasps are still at it. Look forward to trying to make it down again next year.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I THINK your supposed to receive a merrino Buff from John Fenna :D cash waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I need it its a Buff

No, no, no, no, - NO!
You will have to find your own Merino Wool Buff (when they make it into the shops) - mine are alreadybequeathed to my decendants in my will!:cool:
In my next DIY budget Bushcrafting book I may include instructions for making one.....:rolleyes:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I had a great time too, glad to meet all my old friends and some new ones too.

I got rid of a lot of stuff on the bring and buy as well.

and gained a cold from all the peasky kids

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Just to add to the chorus of appreciation......

We all had a great time too, so a big thank you to all those who worked so hard to pull it together.

A particular high spot for me was simply going for a bimble through the woods and across the dunes with my young son, and him pointing out to me all the plants and trees he could identify, then slinging a quick hammock up and stopping for a brew - magic!

We've been removing Welsh slugs and earwigs from the tent this morning, but I'm pleased to say that my wife is already talking about what she wants to do next year! Mind you my daughter breathed an audible happy sigh when she could put on a nice dress today!

Cheers all!

thingswelike

Forager
Jun 15, 2007
Peak District
We had a fantastic time too. We took it much easier than last year so I've come back feeling chilled rather than last time where balancing workshops with childcare and sleep left me spent.
Thanks to everyone involved - I've no idea how you make it seem so informal and relaxed, yet jam packed!

Here's a couple of photos although we didn't really take many 'general' ones this time.

bushmoot_basket.jpg

Basket making. Very simple too. I've got plans for more.

bushmoot_bread.jpg

Bread making - kids loved doing it and it tasted great! Tony looks chuffed with his :)

Cheers
Alex

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Just repeating what has already been said but never mind..

Thank you to everyone, especially Tony and every one who made the huge effort of putting every thing up and organising everything - you did a fantastic job :D.
Major thanks to the mods who kept everything and everyone ticking over so well no one noticed!

:You_Rock_

Thanks to everyone who ran workshops, and a huge hug to Sandsnakes who taugh the herbal medicine and pressure points, I feel better now mate, the catarrh is coming up now :D And thank you especially for teaching me to make that sheath. :)

Big big thanks to the people who came on the photography course, you guys were great and I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves
(Add your pics to the thread here: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44119)
you guys totally rocked and the after hours madness was hilarious, the infamous photograph is available if you would like me to send it to you, just PM me and I'll send you a link to it for download :) :headbang:

Shame we had to leave really.

bramble

Mar 4, 2008
Shropshire
I have just written a big thank you to Tony and everyone else in another thread somewhere :confused: then I just found this one. I will find my way around this computer stuff one day. So here goes again.THANK YOU EVERYONE, for the best time ever for the Twiglets and myself, hurry up 2010 moot. :D

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Finally got my van unloaded and all the kit sorted out today.

I really enjoyed this Moot. It was great to catch up with all the usual suspects and a few new ones.

My thanks go to Richard (Rich 59) for letting me assist with some of his classes and for him assisting in mine. Also to Neil for helping out on the Family Bowdrill.

Stuart and Ian thanks for helping out on the Atl atl range. We could not have done it without you.

A big thanks from me goes to Karen and Clare for being such good company and always ensuring I had some food to keep me going.

Cheers

George

sandbag47

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Where to start. Thank you to Shelly and Tony and all the Mods and thier wifes for all the hard work !!!!!!
It was good to meet Mark and 'Beth' again. And Mary (your a star) Stephen,Gratham ,Scott and the rest of the lads from the Scottish corner.
Rommie Joe and Stephen it was good to meet you !
And Andy thank you for all your help wth ashleigh !
It was also good to meet john fenner ..'good to put a name to a face'
And anyone else I met :)

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
Big thanks to Tony and all for an excellent moot.

James, completely agree on your opinion of Scot's corner - I hope that every fire I share will be as welcoming as that one. Massive thanks to Toddy and all at the corner for the welcome, the banter, the music and the Quaich! I now have a new single malt to keep in stock...

Shame we had to leave on the Saturday as I had a sailing exam to go to, but we've penciled in the dates for next year, else my son will probably come without me!

(Andy and Andy)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It was a great Moot, thanks to you all for the help, the smilies and the laughs. Also thank you to everyone that ran the workshops, they were fantastic, I've got an inbox full of praise for you.:You_Rock_

It was great to meet new people and get together with old friends.

Thanks for making it a great event :notworthy

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
My mum, who has come along to all six summer Moots, and has camped for the last five (having never been camping before) asked that I post this for her.

Post-Merthyr Mawr….

The tent has been dried and folded; the kit washed and stowed. As I vacuum up the last of the Merthyr Mawr sand I am aware that I still carry the sense of well-being that comes from time with friends and good company.

I had a wonderful time at the Merthyr Mawr Moot and would like to thank everybody who made it such a special holiday - Tony, the Mods., and all those who took time and patience to include a senior camping duffer with such warmth and kindliness.

Thank you all!

With very best wishes,

Gilli Claycomb, (aka ‘Chris’s Mum’ or ‘Mrs. C.’)

And my thanks for once again being so friendly and showing her such a great time. :beerchug:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Chris, your Mum is a star, it wouldn't be the same without her, for those first few years she sat in her chair by the open ended room, always smiling and always happy.

geoff88

Forager
Jul 14, 2006
SW England
Thakyou to all involved in running this years Moot. You people who run the workshops are stars.
I would also like to than those at the naughty corner for the food and fun.
The Moot was the highlight of this year for me.

Geoff

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
hiya people thanks for the laughs, the crack, the banter, the good times, the atmosphere, and the workshops and everything and also toddy nice to finally meet the woman behind the name
cheers tony and shelly and clan for everything cos with out you well it wouldnt happen bring on 2010
drew

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE