A message from the Dunn family to all who were at the Bushmoot.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Dear friends at Bushmoot
Thank you for such a wonderful day on Saturday you were all so welcoming and supportive to the Dunn's on what was a most emotional day for us all. We can fully understand why Andrew regarded you all so highly. Andrew spoke volumes about Bushmoot, about what happened and how good it was. We on the whole tended to take it with a pinch of salt as we didn't think that anywhere could be how he spoke of it. We were wrong. We now understand why people go back year after year and what they see in it. There is a magical quality about it. It is a salve for the soul.

We thank you all for the effort everyone put into the tree planting. It obviously took a lot of organising and I know that doesn't happen without a lot of planning, thought and effort. Thanks to everyone. We were touched by the amount of people that came up to the planting. You made the occasion so special for us with your words and tributes.

When we got to the beach for the scattering of the ashes it was overwhelming to see the amount of people that had come down to share that time with us and pay their respects to Andrew. It was perhaps the saddest time of our lives but to see what an impact our son had had on so many good people that they wanted to support us at that moment was mind blowing. I am happy knowing he wanted to be put in the sea and that he is next to the place he experienced so much friendship, love and enjoyment.

We enjoyed naughty corner (just as Andrew had said we would) and I would have tried a few drinks if I hadn't been driving. It was everything he had said it was and more. I only wish I had believed him more however I do think it was right for him to come on his own because lads don't take their mums to Magalluf do they and this was Andrew's holiday and he enjoyed it so much.

So with that in mind Philip and I would welcome the opportunity to come back next year to spend time with not just Andrew's friends but now we would like to think of as our friends as well. Not for a full moot (yet) but for a couple of nights. We hope to take part in a few activities whilst we are there and further experience what Bushmoot offers.

Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for been such understanding and loving friends to our very special ' Drew Dunn Respect'

Thanks again

Jean on behalf of The Dunns

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Even those of us who didn't get to the Moot feel so glad and grateful that those who did go, really did support Drew's family, and his final send off; Jean's letter is a very touching thank you.

Y'know? I can imagine Drew having a Mum like that :D it says so much that they want to go again :)

Thanks for passing it along Dave :D

atb,
Toddy

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Everyone that turns up to the meet feels that welcoming spirit it is much much more than a meeting of like minded people its a family and no one is made unwelcome.
It would be lovely to see you all experience what Drew did year after year, his enthusiasm was infectious and he will always be remembered on here and around campfires.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Even those of us who didn't get to the Moot feel so glad and grateful that those who did go, really did support Drew's family, and his final send off; Jean's letter is a very touching thank you.

Y'know? I can imagine Drew having a Mum like that :D it says so much that they want to go again :)

Thanks for passing it along Dave :D

atb,
Toddy

Agreed Toddy, thanks to all that did attend.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE