Bushcraft Magazine in trouble?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
Customer Relations can be a pain, trust me, I just got off the phone to Northern Rails' Customer Relations Officer who basically spent his time arguing with me and shouting over the top of me! I was late to an appointment due to a train breaking down but left in plenty of time that I could have made alternative arrangements if I was aware of the scope of the problem they were having, but as they didn't bother to send out an announcement to the unmanned station I was at, I had no knowledge of how late it was going to be. By the time it was really overdue, it was too late for me to make alternative arrangements and therefore I missed time at my appointment with my solicitors. They did eventually make an announcement after half an hour! :rolleyes:

Apparently, I have to just wear it. Not only did they spell my name wrong (and then tried to say I had spelt my name wrong which they copied so it was my mistake!:rolleyes:) but they did not include a single apology in their letter at all. No compensation is made in view of rail fares unless your train is delayed for more than an hour and his attitude stank. All in all, he was quite possibly the worst Customer Relations Officer ever! I cannot believe he even has the audacity to call himself a CRO!

So, that is what Northern Rail is like, and no doubt other companies are the same these days. The customer is always right went out of the window years ago I'm afraid.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
http://www.bushcraft-magazine.co.uk/

Has a run through of the current issue so you can get the 'flavour' i subscribe and enjoy it I'll second the opinion that the guys involved are hands on and worth supporting if you're looking for a magazine.

Well that's no good: there's only a couple of adverts; I can read all the text without ridiculous underlining, coloured boxes and breakouts; and it's all about bushcraft rather than flogging Craghoppers. Ho hum, guess I'll have to read it anyway :lmao:

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I'm still :confused: what IS the best one? Bushcraft magazine or Bushcraftmagazine? or should that be bushcraft magazine or bushcraftmagazine and survival, as I keep getting the bushcraftmagazine confused with bushcraft magazine. :rolleyes:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I'm still :confused: what IS the best one? Bushcraft magazine or Bushcraftmagazine? or should that be bushcraft magazine or bushcraftmagazine and survival, as I keep getting the bushcraftmagazine confused with bushcraft magazine. :rolleyes:

Blimey, now you've confused me.

One is Bushcraft Magazine (the good one). The other is Bushcraft and Survival Magazine.

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Just got eight back issues through the post today.Very happy with them, makes a change not to be full of averts.I am waiting on materials to be delivered on site tomorrow so got a chance to have a good read :)

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Just got eight back issues through the post today.Very happy with them, makes a change not to be full of averts.I am waiting on materials to be delivered on site tomorrow so got a chance to have a good read :)

How long did delivery take?

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Recieved my Summer and Autumn 2009 issues 2 days after placing the order. Comparing it to BS&S - well it positively wees all over it.
Great mag, very informative and none of the glossy and useless garbage in BS&S
That's me subscribedgoodjob

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Recieved my Summer and Autumn 2009 issues 2 days after placing the order. Comparing it to BS&S - well it positively wees all over it.
Great mag, very informative and none of the glossy and useless garbage in BS&S
That's me subscribedgoodjob

Me too - 4 back issues turned up a day after ordering, and they're interesting, legible, not full of adverts - much better than BS&S.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
It's nice to have something to read that you feel you want to read instead of browse through it over the month or skim over bits.
And then go back to it and say "Ah HA! That's how you do it".

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
I got a bit grumpy with B&SS whilst I was a subscriber, and got in touch with them. They did have distribution troubles and I think these have been fixed now. They were also very interested in my feedback and do genuinely seem to be trying to improve. They are helping raise the public perception of bushcraft so I hope they succeed.

Mang

Settler
The last magazine thread reminded me of the scene in the Airport! film where a queue appears out of nowhere to start slapping a passenger...is this going to go the same way?! Yes BASS magazine is glossy but not everyone wants things like survivalist bushcraft etc. Also, despite the gloss it has had some decent features and writers!

Bushcraft And Survival Skills magazine tweeted that they have a new person doing the graphics...I'm hoping my copy comes this week. When I visited Ronnie Sunshine's I noticed that they had both back issues of both bushcraft magazines for sale.

>Update< for anyone waiting on a postal subscription it is going in the post tomorrow.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE