Bushcraft & Survial Skills Magazine - How to get your back copies / resolve subscription issues

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Thank you very much, I will think about, still a sore subject and was now 2 years ago. Certainly put me off with buying other magazines and buying kit from others in general. Nowadays I just go for a few hill walks and walks in my local wood on my own

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Thank you very much, I will think about, still a sore subject and was now 2 years ago. Certainly put me off with buying other magazines and buying kit from others in general. Nowadays I just go for a few hill walks and walks in my local wood on my own
Hi mate i can well imainge how it can put you off i had family sititch us so i know only to tell how it makes you doubt people , you do have to look beyond it sometimes i do fight for everything but sometimes you have to just get back on the horse and not let it ruin your life , there are always people who will try and make money off us just look at the govenment lol , i will say that as far as i can tell David has been good to his word with us we shall see how it goes in time but i am happy to pass the details to him at the show and say can you check this out , i am hoping that it is just a hiccup with him buying out or taking over the mag may be .
Enjoy your walks but don't let that one bad deal soil your bushcrafting or well your life

Aug 14, 2021
Chorley
I took out a 2-year subscription, on 8th October 2023. To date I have received nothing, no editions or my free gift.
I have tried emailing David, Jack and Kerry also tried telephone number but I have not received any response or reply. Think I may have wasted £70..... looking on their Facebook page, it appears I'm not the only one.
Sorry but I would not give any monies to these people Even for their Bushcraft Show....

Reactions: CLEM

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Hi @Wasp , i had the same issues but you do have to nag ay David he does take his time i know not good but nag nag nag , he even came to our house and dropped the stuff off so he does do it just needs pushing .
I wish he would sort it out sooner but i think they use to have a huge staff then went bust he broughtthe magazine off the old owners to try and keep it going and well since it has a skeleton staff .
Keep on emailing him say it is urgent you will be contacting your bank to get a reversal of the fee and also putting a review of the service online he does reply when you push hard

Rainsnake

Feb 7, 2024
Balkans
Hi there,

I am not from UK, but yet have the same problems with the Bushcraft magazine; Paid for issues which were not delivered beside some mailed promises from magazine. Does anybody have a recipe how to solve this issue if You are not an UK citizen..?

Is there any institution in UK in charge for taking action in cases as this one and which You can contact for solving legally such issues...? Its unbelievable that a company can afford such business conduct without shame and legal consequences.

Many thanks for any info.

Aug 14, 2021
Chorley
Hi Rainsnake,
I finally got my copies 4 months later, just keep emailing David and Jack.....
they will eventually sort it out, but it is terrible customer service/practice.
Good luck

Rainsnake

Feb 7, 2024
Balkans
Hi Rainsnake,
I finally got my copies 4 months later, just keep emailing David and Jack.....
they will eventually sort it out, but it is terrible customer service/practice.
Good luck
Hi Wasp, many thanks for the advice. I think my patience is over after almost one year of writing and several unfulfilled promises. I am afraid that all normal ways of handling this issues are exhausted and as I paid two times for the magazines I will leave the resolution of this matter to the relevant institutions.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I can't believe this is still a problem. How are they surviving? Or are they?
Totaly ridiculous. E mail them that you will take them to small claims court for goods paid for, but not recieved. If everyone who is owed does this, it will either perk them up, or kill the continued scamming of bushcrafters..which wouldn't be a bad thing. I'm shocked that after all this time, and it's been going on for years now, that it hasn't been resolved. I'm so glad I didn't have a sub, just ordered at the newsagents, which they no longer permit.
You can also approach your bank and ask them to refund the money, especially if you cam show a long list of e mails that have been ignored, or promises not kept.

Rainsnake

Feb 7, 2024
Balkans
I can't believe this is still a problem. How are they surviving? Or are they?
Totaly ridiculous. E mail them that you will take them to small claims court for goods paid for, but not recieved. If everyone who is owed does this, it will either perk them up, or kill the continued scamming of bushcrafters..which wouldn't be a bad thing. I'm shocked that after all this time, and it's been going on for years now, that it hasn't been resolved. I'm so glad I didn't have a sub, just ordered at the newsagents, which they no longer permit.
You can also approach your bank and ask them to refund the money, especially if you cam show a long list of e mails that have been ignored, or promises not kept.
Hi Woody girl! Many thanks for Your contribution too. I have already contacted one of the legal advisors in UK and I am working on legal solution. Its sad to hear that a company depending on its customers is treating them this way, but yet this is the reality... To be pretty honest - I am not sure if I have ever encountered such customer service (it does even not deserve the name customer service).

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Hi Woody girl! Many thanks for Your contribution too. I have already contacted one of the legal advisors in UK and I am working on legal solution. Its sad to hear that a company depending on its customers is treating them this way, but yet this is the reality... To be pretty honest - I am not sure if I have ever encountered such customer service (it does even not deserve the name customer service).

Yep, pretty disgusting behaviour. The problems started with lockdown and have, it seems continued.
At first we were patient and gave benefit of the doubt, as just about everything was in uproar, and it could be understood. But if they havnt got their act together by now, they realy don't deserve continued custom, and need a slap on the wrist big time! (In my opinion)
I don't buy the excuses anymore.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE