Proposed Bushcraft magazine reference thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mang

Settler
I’ve recently compiled an article reference for the issues of Bushcraft magazine (http://www.bushcraft-magazine.co.uk/) that I have with a view to posting a thread on here and my blog, the only trouble is that I’m missing a fair few. I messaged the Bushcraft magazine on Facebook recently with the suggestion of starting a contents thread for the missing individual issue content on here, it got a thumbs up.

The idea is that those who buy the magazine will have a way of finding certain articles which increases the magazine’s usefulness. I’ve listed below the articles that I don’t have so the idea is that you folk place your name against an issue, write down the contents and message it to me on here. When I have them all I’ll do a master list thread with a link to it from this thread.

I know from speaking to Bardster at the Gilwell Reunion Scout leaders weekend that there’s at least one issue where no archive copy exists so I know some may be tricky to track down. This is how I’ve laid the ones I’ve done out with key words starting with a capital and the author’s name first (as you can see in both these examples I’ve put a content description in brackets too):-

Judy Butterworth-Natural Healing (Elderberry syrup/ Cough medicine)

Carol Hunt-Cook Wild (Rocket and Ramson Tapas/ Hedge Garlic and Blue Cheese Wraps/ Beech Leaf Noyau/ Nettle Pasta Parcels/ Honeyed Coltsfoot and Carragheen Jelly)

Once you’ve selected an issue, can you type your name next to it and cut and paste into another post please? Thanks and please be patient as I pull it together.

Spring 2006

Summer 2006

Autumn 2006

Winter 2006/07

Spring 2007

Summer 2007

Autumn 2007

Winter 2007/08

Spring 2008

Summer 2008

Autumn 2008

Winter 2008/09

Spring 2009

Summer 2009

Autumn 2009

Winter 2009/10

Spring 2010

Winter 2010/11

Winter 2011

Autumn 2012

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am not sure I have the ones you need... I will check when I get time but I am off to the woods now and have a 13 hour shift on Monday...

Mang

Settler
Not sure exactly what you mean but I think I have the natural healing article. What do you need to know about it?

The idea is to make the contents of all the issues available as a sort of wiki so for instance, if had a glut of elderberries and recall you seeing an article about making them into cough remedies, you wouldn't have to thumb through them all, you could look at the (hopefully) completed list when it's done and see it's in the Autumn 2010 issue. So if anyone has any of the listed issues I'm asking them to spend five minutes to write down the contents, message them to me and I'll add them to the list.

Have a look at my blog page mentioned earlier to see what I've done so far.

Last edited:

Mang

Settler
I've hopefully got six of the list of twenty outstanding issues arriving in the near future (Spring, Summer,and Autumn 2006. Spring 2007, Winter 2010 and Spring 2011) which will leave only fourteen issues that need doing...

Mafro

Settler
Jan 20, 2010
Kent
www.selfemadeknives.co.uk
More than happy to help out with this mate. Will have to be in the new year when I have found all of my copies so I can add to it all, but will do as many as needed.

Also if anyone has a spare copy of Summer '06 I would love to buy it from you. This is the cover. (Fingers crossed)
summer06.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE