Bushcraft Fashion Victims!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
In response to the idea of going up a mountain without waterproofs, I went up an 8000ft mountian in Andorra, in the Pyrenees on the french border last Saturday in shorts and a vest. I was sweating like a ***** in church all the way. I was so hot! I was carrying some basic waterproofs and warm clothing in my pack as well as stove etc. About 1/2 an hour from the peak the weather moved in at an alarming rate of knots from clear and hot to cloudy fog descending from the peaks at speed. Without even giving a thought we turned tail and headed down quickly. Managed to stay ahead of the cold weather and got back in the car in a pool of sweat. By the time I had driven to the French border (after topping up on 80% vol Absinthe for £4 a bottle...) the fog was so thick I couldn't see more than a car length!! A real pea souper. Even if I was wearing the right kit, finding the path would have been a problem. I shall return some day soon and get to the peak on a clearer day. The best kit you can carry is your brain, and i think Ray even carries one of those!

Great **** take though, AUSSIE- I see where you are coming from !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE