Bushcraft Betty as a 3D figurine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
I finally got round to work on "my Betty".
I received my figure about the same time this thread was actual, but did not work on it. I did gather material over time and now I am working on it, I thought I might as well show the progress in the appropriate place.
Again thanks for the figure, Aaron!

So far Betty has received;
a t-shirt,
a boobjob,
a pair of hikingboots,
a pair of pants, which will be a swedish m59 pair of pants,
a belt with buckle,
a backpack, and you might recognise the type
a pair of binoculairs,
a compass
a knife and sheath

The build
Betty; based on my idea she needed to get dressed, meaning a pair of pants and a t-shirt at least. So I started with giving her a decent pair of hikingboots. For the t-shirt I filled up and leveled the tanktopedges. Judging by the drawings she needed to have an increased...... personal appearance too. Which I gave here...
After the boots had hardened I made the pants, based on the m59 armypants, complete with anklestraps. I made a belt with buckle and made some pockets, which I ended up glueing in the wrong place! I guess my preferences showed themselves a little...
Equipment; I wanted her to have a backpack, knife and other outdoorthings, but wanted to add a swedish feel to it all. So I went for a backpack that resembles my old Haglöfs, a sort-of-Silva compass and the knife is a Mora lookalike. Which I carved from a toothpick and it can be taken out of the sheath. Is that bad??
The backpack is based upon a woodblock, carved to shape, covered in putty. I made a frame of telephonewire, straps and belts from foil. Same goes for the flaps. I added front- and sidepockets from epoxyputty.
The binoculairs are made from 2 pieces of lollypopsticks with toothpick eye- and centrepieces. The compass is made out of a rectangular and a circular piece of transparent plastic, glued together with lines scribbed into them. I also added a dark yellow rope, since one sees those quite regularly here too.

03.jpg

02.jpg

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
As you wish, John....
My version of Bushcraft Betty is done. As a final modification I did part of her hair. The original Ms.B. does not have curly hair and a little wild looking fringe. So I cut off the model's curls and made a fringe with thin copperwire. I also added some makeup to the face, but the eyeshadow turned out a bit on the heavy side.
Other than that it was a pretty straightforward paintingexercise... Well, not really straight forward. Painting cartoony figures turned out to be more dificult than I had imagined!
So now it is time to turn my attention to the surrounding scenery and the animals!

The drawing I used as a guideline;
face.jpg

Before....
04.jpg
05.jpg

and after...
06.jpg
07.jpg

and her "purse"...
08.jpg
09.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE