Build A Bucksaw - The Final!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Votes till Sunday for the Champion Bucksaw! (Just 3 days)

• Greywolf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paul

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Weaver

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Woodwalker

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Jamie6754

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Sargey

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • Jon Picket

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Skanker

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Queeg9000

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Queeg9000 (Mark II)

Votes: 10 10.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Hi all, been away for a while and wondered how this was getting on.

Red, I'm sorry I didn't get the pictures of my saw off to you, things got so damned hectic that I just couldn't find the time to get them up. I will let Jamie know that he is in the final, I'm not too sure if he knows!

We are both in New Barnet doing a work placement for our Gas Engineer Qualifications, so you never know, I may blow one of your homes up in the near future!!! :lmao:

Good luck with the competition guys, they are some well made saws and I'm dissapointed with myself for not getting my pictures up as it would have won for sure!! :p

See you soon all

Spamel

:grouphug:

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
andyn said:
I can get over the beautiful carving on Jon Pickett's entry. I had the chance to have a proper look at it in January and it really is a think of beauty. Absolutely amazing carving and detail...and it works good too! :D

I too have seen Mr Pickett's ooooh she's a bute...............Anyway thats enough about that we're here to discuss Buck saws

Go Jonny.........Go Jonny............Go :You_Rock_

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
andyn said:
I can get over the beautiful carving on Jon Pickett's entry. I had the chance to have a proper look at it in January and it really is a think of beauty. Absolutely amazing carving and detail...and it works good too! :D
I agree in many ways Andy......trouble is many of them raise similar emotions.....as I said, I wouldn't turn any of them away from my rucksack. The message to me is....Get out there this weekend and do one for myself.....Well done again boys.... :You_Rock_

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Well of course mine would've won BR, what kind of outdoorsman do you take me for?

The tributes of an outdoorsman;

-The best woodworker around
-The best hunter around
-The best fisherman on the river
-The best canoist on the lake
-They're also very arrogant, and often are the best at that too ;)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
We'll believe you mate (actually, I've seen your warshirt and I suspect you would have had had damn good chance)

Well there's only 24hours left. 2 clear leaders but a few quick votes can soon change things.

Call now, 10% of your vote will go...absolutely nowhere cos it free!

Red

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
sam_acw said:
5000 members and only 92 votes???? :confused:
Come on people!
Totally agree. Lets see the votes for inventiveness, craftsmanship and willingness to put your hard work up to scrutiny . Come on people VOTE!!:You_Rock_

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Still only 5 votes between the top two saws as well...

Still, someone wins an axe today.......

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i totally agree that the top two are the best, it ws hard to choose between them
leon

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
Wow, what can I say, haven't been on the site for a week now, but great to see I've managed to get two entries in to the final. Thanks to everyone who's voted for one of my saws, they were both fun to make, and good luck to everyone in the comp! there's some superb craftsmanship to be seen, well done to all! :You_Rock_ and once again, thanks Red for setting such a good challenge. :You_Rock_

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Jon Picket :You_Rock_

Congratulations Jon, pm me your address and I'll get the axe into the post for you - well done mate!

Well done too to Weaver who was a very close runner up - shame there wern't two prizes - sorry :(

All the entries were fantastic and, as ever, I'm impressed by the talent, ingenuity and good humour of the participants. It really is an honour to share a virtual campfire with you all - I learn from you all every day - thank you

Red

British Red said:
Jon Picket :You_Rock_

Congratulations Jon, pm me your address and I'll get the axe into the post for you - well done mate!

Well done too to Weaver who was a very close runner up - shame there wern't two prizes - sorry :(

All the entries were fantastic and, as ever, I'm impressed by the talent, ingenuity and good humour of the participants. It really is an honour to share a virtual campfire with you all - I learn from you all every day - thank you

Red

WOOOOHOOOO - nice one Jon.

Well deserved mate as I've seen this saw in action in the woods.

Great stuff!

Phil.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep,

Something teary remembering your mother, father, all your inspirations, how this award is really for you but for the team ........... :lmao:

Red

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
congratulations Jon.
In fact well done to all who entered,I enjoyed watching so many takes on the same subject and thanks to British Red for organising it.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
weaver said:
Red just saved a bunch of money on his postage bill!

Congratulations Jon!
Lol, cheers Weaver, I am amazed that I have won, I never win anything.....
I do admit, that when I first started out, it was to complete something that I had never done before, but I started to get into it, and was thinking I could win, esp, after working for 2 whole days on it, but then I saw (pun intended) other entrys and my hope faded, esp after seeing Queeg9000's saw, who I personally thought was the best....Well done to everyone who entered, and a big thanks to British Red, who inspired me to get off my bottom and do something, I really enjoyed making it. I am certainly going to auction the prize and donate the winnings to Magikellys charity (see here
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=16307&highlight=charity)
Red. If its ok with you, I would love to come over to meet you, and also show you the saw, you are not that far away from me.......Just pm me when you can do one evening mate....
Thanks to everyone who voted for me..... :You_Rock_

Reactions: MagiKelly

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Jon,

That would be great mate - I'm pond hopping a lot at the moment but some time in March would be great!

PM me your addy and I'll get the axe off to you

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE