Competition - Hang a pot!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Hi Red

Hope it is not to late to put my entry in.

My design is similar to one of the cranes you see on large building sites (though a little bit dinkier).

Mark 1 needed a little support as the stick placed in the ground was not to thick and bent over when put under pressure.

582290501_b4e5986e3b.jpg

A closer view of the point the two pieces of sticks join. I have carved out a hole with my knife so the two link together.

582290485_83c25c8016.jpg

The whole thing was propped up with a forked stick without the use of cordage.

Mark 2

Carved another piece with a shaft that was stronger.

582286043_ee2eed9beb.jpg

The vertical stick in the background is from my basic rig so please ignore it.

A close up of the carved notch and join.

582286107_e21bcf5d5e.jpg

And one more from a different angle.

582286083_c7fce02aac.jpg

I have set it up with a pot holder but you can just hang the Billy of the shaft. Also you can change the shaft for a thinner one and use it as a skewer which is easy to rotate for things like small game, sausages etc.

You can also rotate the whole thing to make it easier to add ot take off Billys etc and vary the angle of the whole system (i.e. the stake in the ground).

Cheers

George

Edit - P.S. I hope this type has not been shown on the thread before as I can only see about half of the entries. The other half are only showing a square with a red cross.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I tend to try out different things on different outtings, this is the rig I used in Sweden while enjoying a week alone in the Nature there:

Sweden012-1.jpg

Sweden011-1.jpg

The arm is Birch, the two pegs are Aspen and the hanger itself is Aspen. It takes no time at all to set up and means you can adjust the temp of cooking by raising or lowering to the fire.

I don't know that it's the best pot hanger i've ever made and its certainly not the prettiest but for functionality verses ease of making....I do rather like it.

Cheers,

Bam. :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just a shame it was a day too late Bam :(

Oh okay since it was you and I didn't say "time is up, put your Moras down" I'll let it in :D

Right thats it - comp closed!!

I'll get a poll for the winner up in the next couple of days

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE