bucks bushcraft group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Why am I always away at college on the dates these weekends are organised for? I reckon Jay must do it deliberately. Anyway - I'm off for the week to learn bushcraft :p - have fun at work chaps! :approve:

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
Aaron said:
Why am I always away at college on the dates these weekends are organised for? I reckon Jay must do it deliberately. Anyway - I'm off for the week to learn bushcraft :p - have fun at work chaps! :approve:
sorry mate

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
this meet will be at swyns .As I have been off work all this week with a bad back and have been told to take it easy I hope this is not a problem and if it is problem tough :p

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I managed to shoot a doe Muntjac this evening so will be doing a full carcass prep on Saturday. I won't be bringing rabbits this time as there will be loads of venison to scoff (high neck shot so no carcass damage at all :D ). I will also bring the dumplings again if someone could bring some spuds and enough ingredients for a really good stock. Does anyone feel brave enough to try roasting a haunch via the fire pit method? :naughty:

Jason is apparently going to be field testing a pair of undercrackers fashioned entirely from his own golden locks :eek:

jason sears said:
silverback has told me that he is going to bring his dvd player and we are going to watch all the ray mears dvds back to back :rolleyes: :p

and after that, as long as it's not too dark and frightening in the woods, we could watch the Birchtree Productions Basic Bushcraft and Survival Skills dvds with a nice cup of hot chocolate before sleep fairies come and tuck us in for the night...... :eek:

On the subect of faries is The Joker coming?

Phil.

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
I dont no if dommyracer can make it I think he is going train spoting this week end or a star trek convention. :p I dont think he likes us :(

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I hope you lot are hungry! :D

Dave29thMarch2007010.jpg

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
jason sears said:
I dont no if dommyracer can make it I think he is going train spoting this week end or a star trek convention. :p I dont think he likes us :(

haha cheeky bleeder! You know I love you all, but have some family stuff going on that's messed up my plans.....

:banghead: :banghead:

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Hi folks.
Should I bring rocks or spuds or how about both?
Be a good idea to try the haunch idea in a pit. I've been meaning to do this for a long time.
Got a spade and some hessian sacks.
Swyn.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
swyn said:
Hi folks.
Should I bring rocks or spuds or how about both?
Be a good idea to try the haunch idea in a pit. I've been meaning to do this for a long time.
Got a spade and some hessian sacks.
Swyn.
Whatever you can muster would be well received Swyn - If you fancy trying the pit method I would be most interested to assist as I have not personally ever tried it, but like you, I have always wanted to :)

I presume we will also have the Bucks bucket on the simmer however this time it will be loaded with chunks of venison as opposed to the usual large contingent of Rabbit. I will also be bringing more dumplings as they went down well last time :D

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Enjoy the weekend lads.

Wish I was there and not maddly packing as I am here. Moving to Bramley in Hampshire tomorrow.

All the best

George

(P.S. Anyone on the forum from that neck of the woods?)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE