bucks bushcraft group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
Rod said:
Have now achieved a pass for Friday night too - anyone else around then?
Cool .So thats [me [you[ silverback[ bambodogy [rattel10mm [jon pickett and kids [dommyracer[ swyn[ sandsnakes.It should be good week end :D

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Looks like we are gonna need some serious scoff so could I suggest a little coordination to make sure we all end up well fed :D

All being well I hope to provide venison, rabbit and a whole salmon on Saturday. I am thinking I may need to get a couple of Salmon now as this meet is going to be so well attended (those that chip in get more than a head or fin :D ). I will also knock out some dumplings as I presume the Bucks bucket will once again be on the boil :p

If you have anything to bring along post it up here and we will draw up a banqueting plan!

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Silverback said:
Looks like we are gonna need some serious scoff so could I suggest a little coordination to make sure we all end up well fed :D

All being well I hope to provide venison, rabbit and a whole salmon on Saturday. I am thinking I may need to get a couple of Salmon now as this meet is going to be so well attended (those that chip in get more than a head or fin :D ). I will also knock out some dumplings as I presume the Bucks bucket will once again be on the boil :p

If you have anything to bring along post it up here and we will draw up a banqueting plan!
Nice one Dave....I will bring the veg, got the veg man coming round friday morning, so I will grab enough for all of us. Does someone have a large stockpot..? Is that what the bucks bucket is, or is that Jason...?
Will be up saturday morning ....Looking forward to it, be good to see you all again..

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Hi Guys

Room for one more?

Managed to get a pass out and would like to attend the meet. Looking to get down to the site late Saturday afternoon or early in the evening if that is OK with you.

I have to help a friend move house on Saturday so cannot get down any earlier.

Cheers

George

Rod

On a new journey
Silverback said:
The Bucks Bucket is a stockpot of legend :D

and which a certain someone 'forgot' to take home last time... David... ;)

daves_bain.jpg

Anyone around on Friday evening - will 'do' a Mexican :D Beef Fajitas / Salsa / Guacamole etc -you'll need your own cervezas mind

Let me know numbers please

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
:aargh4: :cussing: AAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!! Why are these meets always organised for when I'm away?????

Oh and hats off to Dave 'The Lord Humungous' Franklin for bench pressing the equivilent weight of Vanessa Feltz after a visit to Thorntons wearing lead underwear and riding a baby elephant in the gymn last night. :You_Rock_

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
Aaron said:
:aargh4: :cussing: AAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!! Why are these meets always organised for when I'm away?????

Oh and hats off to Dave 'The Lord Humungous' Franklin for bench pressing the equivilent weight of Vanessa Feltz after a visit to Thorntons wearing lead underwear and riding a baby elephant in the gymn last night. :You_Rock_
Sorry mate ,the next one will be be for you :headbang:

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
It's nice to read that you are all coming and in force! Can I ask those of you who have hand saws to remember to bring them to help with the remainder of small pruning jobs on the lower branches. My 'to do' list does not get any shorter and May will be upon us surprisingly quickly.
I will speak to our friendly neighbours and see if the big light can be left in the off position or just on automatic.
We could probably pitch further into the trees to keep out of their line of sight?

Cheers,
Swyn.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Swyn - I was speaking to Jason last night about another hangi and to feed the masses on saturday I was thinking that we could maybe do a bulk of rabbits say 8 -10. I presume you are champng at the bit for demonstrating a repeat performance of your hangi excellence :D

If you could put a list up of materials required for the hangi we could all volunteer to bring an item along. I will bring a big roll of foil, 10 rabbits gutted skinned washed and left whole (I will marinade a couple for something a bit different ;) ) I know I have one haunch of munty left in the freezer so that could go in as well and I will be getting two whole Salmon for deboning staking and grilling a la Tony Bristow Christmas Moot stylee :D :p

Regards

Dave

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I would love to be cooking BUT I'm away Sat morning for the rest of the weekend so will have to leave this with you fellows. Sorry.
Will speak to my wife and see if she has any more callico. I hope that helps.

Cheers
Swyn.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Yup that definitely helps - If memory serves we will need callico,an old shopping basket, plenty of rocks, some hessian, foil, apple juice, a decent spade and shovel. The pit needs to be approx 1.5 - 2 ft in width breadth and depth and requires approximately 4 hrs of burn time to adequately heat the rocks. The meat is then wrapped in callico and soaked in apple juice then placed in a foil lined basket with more apple juice to ensure a good moist cook. The basket is placed in the centre of the pit (having previously removed some of the rocks ensuring some remain across the base upon which the basket is resting) the removed rocks are evenly positioned around the outside of the basket and a couple placed on the foil wrapped package within the basket for good measure. A water soaked blanket of hessian is then placed over the rocks and basket and the previously excavated soil piled in on top of the hessian. Leave for 4 hours steeping over any major steam leaks with more soil as required then fill yer belly - how did I do? :D

Edit: I have had a bit of dig through the freezer and have also located a couple of oven ready pheasants from last season so don't miss out folks these will probably be the last ones you eat until October :p

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Lads,
I will try to make it but my last appointment finishes at 8 o'clock on Staurday evening. Depending on how exhausted I am I will try to make it. Dont worry about food, I will bring rations in case you lot scoff the lot!

If I make it I will give a lesson in poultices on sunday morning, hell if I dont I may just jump in the car and join you for breakfast.

Rod-the-elder

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE