bucks bushcraft group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all,

Just like to say a couple of "thank you's" to all who organised and hosted this Nomad's weekend. :You_Rock_

And a big up to Silverback for the fine meat ;)

I really enjoyed myself and it was nice to meet friends old and new. :D

I've managed to format to a lower resolution and file size some pictures of the weekend. :cool:

bucks_01.jpg

bucks_02.jpg

bucks_03.jpg

bucks_04.jpg

bucks_05.jpg

bucks_06.jpg

bucks_07.jpg

bucks_08.jpg

bucks_09.jpg

bucks_10.jpg

Cheers,

Phil.

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
Looks like you had a cracking time, ya gits!

Did you get much birch sap?

I spent the weekend entertaining my parents. It was sooooooo much fun.....

I am consoling myself tonight by making stew from one of Silverback's rabbits.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Thanks to Jay for organising everything, Swyn for use of the woods and Dave for bringing the 'assorted meats' for the pot.....
Sorry I couldnt make the whole weekend. Good photos phil, but sadly ruined by the idiot with the bad hair in the background. It only takes one to spoil everyones fun...... :rolleyes:

micah

Oct 30, 2006
london
Thanks all for a great weekend.
George I can't find a link to that file on leatherwork so PM me your email and I can send it to you.
Bambodogy what was the name of those plasters you used to fix my thumb?

Micah

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Another excellent weekend boys - thanks a lot

Special thanks to Bambodoggy for your time and patience in showing me how to set up the hex and hammock - I had my first good nights kip in it :You_Rock_
Seoras for the excellent bowdrill instruction and char tube :)
Aaron whose services provided us with a constant supply of good quality firewood within easy reach ;)
Swyn for the use of the woodland and excellent facilities
Phil (TMKTC) for the free flowing beer
Jason for being a hairy destroyer of tarps :rolleyes: :D but being a top geezer and carting it off for repair
Gobbler for getting patched up enough (by Bambo) so I didn't need to use my car for the dash and compulsory 4 hour wait in A&E :D

I can only echo Phil's comments - great meeting old friends and new!

Here are a few of the photos I managed to grab to add to Phil's and give a flavour of the weekend

Bucksblizzy.jpg
Bowdrill1.jpg
Bowdrill.jpg
GamePrep.jpg
Rabbitnvenison.jpg
Bangersnbannock.jpg
dave1005.jpg

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Did you still do the walk between the two woods or did you just stay at Swyn's?

Photos look nice.. glad you all had a great weekend. Looks like you had favourable weather too :eek:

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Hey All,

I had a great time and was gutted to only stay the one night but I was chuffed to bits at how my little puppy enjoyed his first night out :) Cheers for organising it all lads :)

Andy, they all did the walk bar me who changed his mind and drove over to the second site ;)

Gobbler said:
Bambodogy what was the name of those plasters you used to fix my thumb?

The plasters I used are these mate:

http://www.auravita.com/products/aura/REBI10382.asp

but seem cheaper here:

http://www.effectivecare.com/acatalog/Fast_Aid_Advanced_Deep_Cuts_Plasters.html

Let me know how your thumb heals up but remember not to open the dressing until at least tomorrow or wednesday :)

Silverback said:
Special thanks to Bambodoggy for your time and patience in showing me how to set up the hex and hammock - I had my first good nights kip in it :You_Rock_

Dave, no worries mate....glad you got to enjoy your hennessey this time :D

See you all again soon,

Bam. :D

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
Big thanks to everyone for making this week-end a really good one. Thank you Swyn for letting us stay at your woods on Saturday night. :You_Rock_ cheers Jason

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I can but I will need to be home early on the Sunday as my missus is off to the NEC with a mate and I am looking after the beasts :slap:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE