British Blades Forum - down

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
What's faceplant, any links ?!

Cheers, Paul

faceplant.jpg

faceplant-bullriding-ouch-hurt-dumbass-demotivational-poster-1211507903.jpg

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
We could use Faceplant in the meantime? I just created a BritishBlades group if anyone wants to join.

I might be careful with that. Martyn was very protective of the BB marque in any guise and has fought his share of legal battles over the years.
It might also be a bit insensitive to be seen as dancing on his grave if the poor bugger is ill or incapacitated.
Just sayin'......

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
A load of us are here anyway, and know a load of people who aren't. Word will go around with updates as soon as they are incoming.

kungaryfu

Jan 3, 2012
dorset
im starting to get serious withdrawl at the moment, also i was in the middle of a deal where i sent a member a knife and im still waiting for the one he was going to send me, but i cant contact him, i dont even remember his username:banghead:

the biggest loss of all would be to the uk knife community, as others have said its one of the most friendly and informative forums (excluding this one of course) that your ever going to find.

Fluffy

Feb 8, 2009
kent
Yes, I'm in a similar state, due to send off two knives and receive one. I'm also having to track one I'm waiting for through paypal instead of contacting people on BB... c'est la vie, it's not the fall of civilisation

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Yes, I'm in a similar state, due to send off two knives and receive one. I'm also having to track one I'm waiting for through paypal instead of contacting people on BB... c'est la vie, it's not the fall of civilisation

It is for you. Where you gonna buy all your blades from :lmao: Come to think of it.... :eek:

kungaryfu

Jan 3, 2012
dorset
well fluffy, if this does carry on for any longer and you do start to get withdrawl symptoms from not buying any more blades ive got a few i can sell ya :yelrotflm

packrat

Jan 30, 2013
London
Oh lordy... just had a quick look and I can see the classifieds on here being just as dangerous as the BB ones...

FoxyRick

Forager
Feb 11, 2007
Rossendale, England
Hmm... doesn't look good.

DNS is still pointing to the server, but there seems to be no server there to respond.

Even running a full scan against the IP address reveals absolutely nothing alive.

The domain registration isn't up until June 2015, but that's nothing to do with paying for the server.

Hopefully it's just a case of the server itself having an issue and somebody needs to tell the host to restart or fix it (I guess mods don't have that level of access to the hosting company(?)).

Missing BB - hope it comes back.

packrat

Jan 30, 2013
London
Hmm... doesn't look good.

DNS is still pointing to the server, but there seems to be no server there to respond.

Even running a full scan against the IP address reveals absolutely nothing alive.

The domain registration isn't up until June 2015, but that's nothing to do with paying for the server.

Hopefully it's just a case of the server itself having an issue and somebody needs to tell the host to restart or fix it (I guess mods don't have that level of access to the hosting company(?)).

Missing BB - hope it comes back.

Yup and there's plenty alive in the same subnet so it's not a provider routing or connectivity issue.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Still down? I'll not pretend to know about servers, DNS, IP's and scanning but, as has been said before in this thread, the loss of BB would be a great loss. The resource was invaluable for skills and education but the people made it there. How many times have we seen forums tear themselves to bits because of infighting and empire building. The BB community is as good as BCUK, maybe because of the large crossover. Hoping Martyn is good as well, been concerned about him for a while.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Actually, more important than hoping BB comes back - I hope Martyn is OK!

Yep, completely agree.

It's easy for a site to be down for a few days or longer, we had the crash of....Umm, 06...I think and we were out of action for 3 months.....
let's not read too much into things at the moment and hope all's well.

ed_is_dead

Feb 4, 2014
Ireland
Hope it aint gone, great resource but nature abhors a vacuum, if its gone its place will be taken.
I dont know Martyn from Adam but perhaps someone close to him might pop round for a howdedoo and a pint, or tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE