Bread and dripping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Does anyone still eat beef dripping here? For the first time this week I saved the roast juices and skimmed of the solid white fat when cold. Spread thickly on white bread it was unusual but nice. But used instead of butter in a cold beef sandwich was really good!

Gonna have to double up on the Statins tonight! Lol.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Unfortunately the amount of dripping was only a few tablespoons so will have to wait for the next roast to try other ideas. Wish I has saved the juices under the fat now as would make a great gravy stock. Could freeze it until needed?

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Not very often since my gran died. Dunno what she used to do but her dripping on toast (with salt obviously lol) was absolutely amazing

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Aye, I was only a boy at the time and my job was to toast a massive door stop in front of the fire for a supper time treat. Some very very fond memory's there

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Boxing Day every year. Harvest it from the Turkey. Covered in crack black pepper. Salivating at the thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
All the time as a kid, but beef is seldome on the menu these days as its so expensive. :(

Have a chat with your butcher (proper butcher) - mine sells it

beef-dripping.jpg

They do mail order too for you poor deprived souls :)

http://www.meridianmeatsshop.co.uk/shop/cooked-meats-bakery-and-pies

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Before my butcher father-in-law retired, we used to get the gravy from the roasting bags when he did his cooked meat joints for the week, pure cow juice with lumps of dripping mixed in, lush

Mike313

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
South East
When I was a kid I've very very occasionally have bread and dripping for my school lunch. Otherwise it was bread and margarine. We were quite poor so only had roast meat every second blue moon :)

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
dripping sandwiches was a staple diet as a youngster, back in the day when chips were fried in it and they came wrapped in newspaper. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE