Boston Marathon explosions

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Terrible news indeed. :censored:.....

Respect to the people there who were rushing to aid those injured.

Santaman......I noticed military uniforms (homeland security maybe???) there within 90 seconds of the first explosion. Were they already there? Were they expecting something? is it standard procedure to have a presence at events these days?

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out.
That was what struck me; in the immediate chaos and confusion, not knowing what had really just happened and what MIGHT happen, the instinctive reaction was to go and help. Humanity isn't broken just yet.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Nor will it ever be :) Media impression is one thing, reality another. :)

That was what struck me; in the immediate chaos and confusion, not knowing what had really just happened and what MIGHT happen, the instinctive reaction was to go and help. Humanity isn't broken just yet.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nor will it ever be :) Media impression is one thing, reality another. :)

Big fat thumbs up to that comment Mark. Well said.

Yahoo news is showing more and I felt like some rubber neck ghoul when the video footage played, I felt so bad I stopped it 30 seconds in. Clearly not enough facts and too much speculation at this early stage. Whatever, it's just a cowardly terrible act.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Terrible news indeed. :censored:.....

Respect to the people there who were rushing to aid those injured.

Santaman......I noticed military uniforms (homeland security maybe???) there within 90 seconds of the first explosion. Were they already there? Were they expecting something? is it standard procedure to have a presence at events these days?

A few of the military uniforms were police. They also had the national guard there to help marshal the event

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Theres a pic circulating on facebook of a guy lurking on the roof of a building directly above where the explosions happened. Maybe someone just up there watching the race, who knows .

boston.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
it was patriots day !

Timothy mcveigh, ruby ridge, weathermen etc

intresting about the angry brigade wingstoo, never heard of them.

Edit:

also the footage from the stands opposite, under them is where the other two unexploded bombs resided!

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.....Santaman......I noticed military uniforms (homeland security maybe???) there within 90 seconds of the first explosion. Were they already there? Were they expecting something? is it standard procedure to have a presence at events these days?

No it's not usual. But in this instance those military uniforms came from two basic sources:
1. The Massachesetts National Guard (similar to your territorial Army units) was on hand to helop with crowd control and similar duties
2. Many military members were actually running the marathon in full gear and packs when the explosions occurred:

"Such a terrible day in the news.. one thing that warms my heart is to hear some troops ran the marathon in full gear.. those packs are 60+ pounds... right when ...the explosion went off there are videos of troops there running to the barricades and pulling them down to treat the wounded...... Hero's in every way ---- Also many runners kept running right to the hospital to donate blood"

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE