Blade destruction... any takers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Barker

Nomad
Sep 15, 2003
Norway
www.brukskniver.net
Anyone want to destroy a blade??

Hi I’ve been given a good offer on blades from a guy in the UK. He’ll make them to my design, but I do not know his work.

He makes the blades from old files and wrought iron and means that after the blade is quenched it doesn’t need tempering. This leaves a large bit of doubt as to how good the blades actually are in real life.

The blades are stick tang and he is going to send one over to me. He has given me full rights to test to destruction, sharpen, re sharpen, and basically abuse. :shock: :twisted:

Before I commit myself to using this guys blades in my knives I need the one he is sending tested.

The handle can just be made of tape for this purpose. I’d need a written result of all the tests done and the overall opinion.

Any takers.. I’m sure you lot would enjoy it. Blade should be with me in about 4-5 days.?

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
:-D lol

dave, if you get stuck, i promise i'll give it a proper sensible hard working but practical review. fully documented, with photo's.

sometimes stuff/knives break when i hold 'em :roll: can't my help it.

cheers, and.

Dave Barker

Nomad
Sep 15, 2003
Norway
www.brukskniver.net
They just break........ hmmmmmm

once I get the blade then i'll send it.

I dare not try to fir them into knives and then try to sell them if they are no good.

As soon as i get it I'll PM you.

Thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE