bizarre user names amongst us............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Its probably about time I added mine here,

Ogri comes from the cartoon "Bike" magazine character, from a passion for motorbikes (proper bikes, not the "plastic fantastic" "nippondenso nasty" articles that you see these days).
Trog comes from being a large lumbering Welshman.

ATB

Ogri the trog

zackerty

Nomad
Dec 16, 2004
Christchurch...New Zealand
There used to be a TV show called "Red and Blue"... with plasticine figures that morphed depending on the activity.
There were two carachters, one called "Red" made with red plasticine, and the other called "Blue" etc
They were playing snooker, and when the one sank the ball, he shouted out. "Zackerty!!!!" ..and so on....

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
jack29g said:
mine is because, Jack, the one who started this thread was here before me so i just added some random stuff on to my name! :D

I never thought of doing that; my other short nicknames, Mac, Pict, etc., were taken, so I went back to my first one from my maiden surname. Normally my little brother uses it but he's not in this forum yet.
Cheers,
Toddy

Povarian

Forager
May 24, 2005
High Wycombe, Bucks
Mine's a corruption of my surname to give it a Roman emperor sort of feel. It was originally thought up by a friend who was losing a strategy wargtame at the time - he kept refering to my position as the "Povarian empire". It's funny how these things stick sometimes.

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
:eek: I wish to make it perfectly clear that there is no connection what-so-ever between me and this!

Even if there are a few uncomfortable similarities:eek::D

Can't knock the "Live Simply, Run Wild" motto though :D

Povarian

Forager
May 24, 2005
High Wycombe, Bucks
Ack, nearly snorked my coffee when I followed the link. :D

You gonna level on which bits are accurate? ;) Brown or blue eyes or one of each? And then there's... On second thoughts, I'm sure I don't need to know.

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
Povarian said:
Ack, nearly snorked my coffee when I followed the link. :D

You gonna level on which bits are accurate? ;) Brown or blue eyes or one of each? And then there's... On second thoughts, I'm sure I don't need to know.
Hmm, now that would be telling ;)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Does anyone know the best way of cleaning tea and biscuits from my key board?

The link sure dispells any notion of the Feral Boy of the Mad Max film!

ATB

Ogri the trog

May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
My name is unusual (not seen it any where else) but a little dull in explanation. I was always dressed in black and wore shades all the time (light hurts my eyes). I used to always be in the wood hanging around the trees etc.
Originally everyone said I was like a vampire in shades but when they realised I was a veggie and found my affinity with the woods, it became FruitBat In Shades.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hi,

My user name is a corruption of my real name A%”y B$”(*£%”y, oh wait a minute, I think I’ve done something wrong.

I always thought using a screen name was a little odd, but then, on another forum, a weirdo took offence to me (surely not!) and tracked down my address from my name! Not nice, so having learnt my lesson, how do you change your name on here?

Yours,

Tiny, Ox, Fuzzy purple Muppet, donkey, Oy you shift yer car! (still not sure about my moniker)

PS If Dances with Helicopters sees this, please explain yours, as it makes me laugh!

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
Im known as Greywolf, or Carl Greywolf on most forums I join... Had a friend who got stalked by a wierdo online ( and then in person ) cos he knew her full name.

Why Greywolf though, I like wolves and at the time I started online I found 'Wolf' was already in use... So Greywolf I became, s'funny, I will also respond to it in person now LOL

Greywolf

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
FruitBatInShades said:
My name is unusual (not seen it any where else) but a little dull in explanation. I was always dressed in black and wore shades all the time (light hurts my eyes). I used to always be in the wood hanging around the trees etc.

Sounds like Michael Jackson :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE