bizarre user names amongst us............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
OK, here's an easy one.

We have some rather bizarre user names amongst us............what is the reason behind yours? :?:

I have tried to figure them out, but can't! :cry:

Cheers.

Jack

Reactions: TheGreenMan

Simon

Nomad
Jul 22, 2004
Addington, Surrey
Mine is because ...........

as unlikely as it sounds .........

My name is Simon :eek:):

although if you want the reasoning behind Mushisushi ... it was so long ago that I've forgotten :?: :wink:

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
One of my friends favorite phrases after a particularly heavy night on the sauce was that he was rough as 10 bears, as it seemed to be me who was the roughest more often than not (I was young it's not big and clever) I got the nickname.

The first time I needed a user name I thought of tenbears and it was already taken so it had to be tenbears10.

So nothing to do with any cool native American heritage I'm afraid.

Bill

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Your name is easy to understand Jack ... last time I saw you you had a car on your head! :rolmao: :naughty:

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
I like to think that "Seagull", defines the perpetual water-gypsy. Roving and sharp-eyed for opportunity; always the individual.

I would imagine there are quite a few former shipmates (fine body of guys) who would concur that it suits my bad-tempered, moody and noisy disposition.

Seagull

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
another dutchie !!

Mine screen name: PC2K is actually a short cut from a older nickname i used to use, but i started to hate it, but couldn't think of a new one, so i took the shortened version, so everyone who knows me still nows who i am, but lacking the original name. And i'm Not saying what it was !

qweeg500

Forager
Sep 14, 2003
Hampshire
Red Dwarf backup computer. I can't help being a geek.
The name originally comes from a charater in the "The Caine Mutiny".

Spelt with a "w" instead of a "u" so it's quicker to type.

It was that or Mr Flibble.

Sad but true.

Matt

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Yep, I do and am. I actually got it from one of your countrymen. A man, whose name I can't remember because it's been many years, but he lived in London. We met on a trail in the Sierras. Him hiking and me heading back to camp after a days hunt. He joined me and asked about my recurve and about my practice sessions, as he was also an archer. After we finished our tea, I led him into a field near camp and shot a couple of roving arrows at different natural targets and then handed the bow to him. We had a great time. Broke all my roving arrows, but it was worth it. :wink:

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Mine comes from years back where I tried to get the username "Adi" on a forum and the software told me that it was taken and suggested "Adi007" - looked cool and it stuck.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
My name is John Kelly and I was looking for a Domain name for my Magic website. JohnKelly was gone so a marketing guy I know suggested MagiKelly. I liked it and I use it as a username on most forums because it is usually available.

I was also shocked to find it was already taken on Ebay.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE