bizarre user names amongst us............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Originally a comment on my lack of finesse when rock climbing. :)

I prefer steep gritstone jam cracks which require a somewhat 'thuggish' technique but I seem to have the same approach to other types of routes. :)

The name seemed to fit well with an interest in bushcraft and primitive technology.

Stu

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
TheGreenMan said:
I chose 'TheGreenMan' as my user name, not because of the mythical spirit of the woods (well, maybe a little)

Aaah so you don't like my somewhat alternative back patch then :(

337658925_89f2d6fab2.jpg

Red ;)

Reactions: TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
British Red said:
Aaah so you don't like my somewhat alternative back patch then :(

[image removed to conserve bandwidth...trying to save the planet...some hope <chuckle>]

Red ;)

Indeed I do, Red! If someone would like to post a tutorial about cross-stitch, I'll add this to my list of new year projects! :)

Best regards,
Paul.

Hawkeye The Noo

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Dunoon, Argyll
Hawkeyethenoo is what people think Scots steriotyped say, Och Aye The Noo and as I am a tracker with Shadowhawk ans am sharpeyed i thought the play on words was cool. I thought the avatar was also a bit freaky, look at the reflection in the eye and you see someone screaming.

Toddy said:
I never thought of doing that; my other short nicknames, Mac, Pict, etc., were taken, so I went back to my first one from my maiden surname. Normally my little brother uses it but he's not in this forum yet.
Cheers,
Toddy

As to Toddy, I thought it was because she was Hot and she helps you to get over the cold ;)

As to my signature quote, it is a rip off of Tiger Woods golf pga tour comentators,
" to Tiger patience is not a virtue, it is a weapon."

The game is up I am busted :D

Bigman

Life Member
May 28, 2006
Newton Abbot, Devon.
Bigman - my work colleagues called me this, which was some twenty years ago now and it stuck.

Plus I am a reasonably large chap as well and my surname has always made people laugh, (Little).

Feral

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 7, 2006
Victoria
Mine came from the fact that everybody I knew growing up thought I was Feral, including my parents. I suppose now thinking about it I was. I only ever came inside to sleep and eat, no matter what the weather. I could have used the transaltion of my surname but it comes across as just wrong these days,

Hero of the Faries

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
Mine's easy...

When I started shooting my home made bows alongside things that look like they could get channel five they've got so many appendages someone said 'that's nothing but a bent stick'.

I could have got upset but it was much easier to ride with the tide...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE