bizarre user names amongst us............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Born on the Bayou

Now, when I was just a little boy,
Standing to my Daddy's knee,
My poppa said, "Son, don't let the man get you
Do what he done to me."

'Cause he'll get you,
'Cause he'll get you now, now.
And I can remember the fourth of July,
Running through the backwood, bare.

And I can still hear my old hound dog barking,
Chasing down a hoodoo there.

CHORUS:
Born On The Bayou;
Born On The Bayou;
Born On The Bayou.

Wish I was back on the Bayou.
Rolling with some Cajun Queen.
Wishing I were a fast freight train,
Just a choogling on down to New Orleans.

CHORUS

Do it, do it, do it, do it.
Oh, Lord.
Oh get back boy.

I can remember the fourth of July,
Running through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barking,

CHORUS

All right! Do, do, do, do.
Mmmmmmm, oh.

:wave:

zen

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2004
Dorset
Simple really - I'm a Zen Buddhist :wink:

I guess the connection with Bushcraft is that the Buddha used to encourage his trainees to seek out wild and isolated places in which to meditate. He himself spent most of his 80 year life living outside, eating only what he could forage for and what was donated to him.

To this day one of the main schools of Buddhism is the "Thai Forest Tradition" and even now these monks often spend long periods on their own in the jungle. :ekt:

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
I had the nic-mane "Pict" thrust upon me shortly after I started my pastoral internship (yes, I'm a member of the clergy, and of Scottish ancestry). The church staff had never quite encountered a pastoral intern with my particular set of intrests and life skills, ie. I can field strip an AK-47 blindfolded. Trust me, I don't try to project a tough guy persona but I'm too carnivore to make a good sheep.

The staff had been reading a series of books by Steven Lawhead about the days of yore. Apparently they had been discussing me and the books at the same time. The head pastor looked at me and suddenly blurted out in staff meeting, "I know wehat you are, Mac! I've got you figured out! YOU'RE A PICT!" The name stuck and now I use it as my handle on the internet. Mac

Ummm......like a few others here I ride motorbikes and I'm a bloke and when it came to finding a username, I was getting a bit bored with the one I used to use (Danegar, from my larp and re-enactment days) so decided to come up with a new one but couldn't think very well at the time (alcohol :roll: ) so Motorbike Man it became.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Wayland, (Weland, Welund, Völund) Was the legendary smith of Germanic myth. In one tradition he is the son of a giant called Wade.

Since my surname is Waidson, I spend my time recreating the lives of our Viking and Saxon ancestors and do a little smithying work from time to time, it seemed rather appropriate.

These days there are probably more people that know me as Wayland than by my real name.

Btw. The Avatar I use is also a character from Norse mythology but it's wise not to mention his name too loudly. ;)

snag68

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2005
Birmingham UK
My Surname is Turner, as a kid I was turnip.. :D I hail from Northumberland and a snag was a name given to a turnip, so there you go.

Dazz

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Wayland said:
What flying machine?

Like the one shown in the church in Kirkgate in Leeds:

weyland.jpg

Keith.

PS: for those who don't speak Englisc, Kirkgate means Church Steet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE