bizarre user names amongst us............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Beer Monster ........ I'm sure you all know the story.

You wake up the morning after the night before ......... your head is throbbing and for some reason you ache all over. You have a funny taste in your mouth and your tongue feels like Ghandi’s flip flop :( . You roll over and fumble in your pockets (you are of course still fully dressed) for your wallet. Upon opening it you discover that the £30/£40/£50 * (*delete as applicable) that you took out of the cashline the night before has mysteriously disappeared :confused: and for some reason you can't really remember getting home last night. You try to reason with your self that you can't have spent all your hard earned cash on the "couple" of quiet ales you drank with your mates the night before!!!! And thats when it dawns on you .. :rolleyes: ... it can only be the Beer Monster ..............

........... As you strode purposefully out of the pub feeling refreshed and invigorated after the 2 pints you promised ........ the Beer Monster pounced. He beats you up (repeatedly banging you on the head ...... hence the headache and amnesia), stole all the money from your wallet, more often than not sends bizarre text messages to your friends from your phone and then to add insult to injury as a parting gesture he .... um .... how can I say this on a family forum ....... "answered the call of nature" ..... you know number 2'd in your mouth hence the taste :eek: ! In a feat of near super-human strength and endurance you some how managed to crawl home, past a kebab shop (someone must have dropped one outside hence stains down your front ;) ), before finally collapsing on your sofa!

Suddenly it all makes sense! :D

Well I'm the Beer Monster ......... my apologies for any encounters we've had before. Why do I do it? Well I have a confession to make ......... I'm addicted to buying bushcrafting kit and it's taken over my life. I have piles and piles of nice shiny new gear at home but can't stop myself from buying more! It's an expensive business and I just have to get the cash! I've tried to go legit and get regular job but when you're a 7ft hairy blue monster it's quite hard.

I try to steer clear of the BCUK Moots but I'll warn you know that I might make an appearance at the next wilderness gathering! Watch out! :p :D

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
As the film says: "Like the first monkeys blasted into space, sacrificing themselves for the good of mankind..."

Back when I started using the net I was reading the book and it has stuck ever since on every forum and stuff I use. I have a few other nicknames as well such as Anubis, Chainsaw Charlie, Nightstalker, Nickrophiliac et al, and in professional circles I'm known as Nick the Embalmer. But on the net, 'Space' seems to have stuck.

Nick

grahoom

Forager
May 27, 2005
oxford
pathmusick.hermetech.net
moduser said:
Moduser is from my non bushcraft passion which is electronic music.

I enjoy my modular synth as much as walking free in the woods.

hey - what "type" of modular synth you got?

i make electronic music and a few of my friends have modular synths.

one has a one made from a whole heap of blacet and wiard modules the other is mainly doepfer modules.

i have a nord micro-modular, not strictly a true modular synth, but damn handy for the size of it.

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
Back in the 80's I had a Moog Prodigy. I did love my Moog. Really needed a polyphonic though, so I sold it to a kid just starting up his own band. I figured at the time I'd put the cash to wards a Poly but stupidly spent it in the end. Now I really wish I had me Prodigy back.:(

grahoom

Forager
May 27, 2005
oxford
pathmusick.hermetech.net
the old prodigy is a classic.

i recently went to a rubbish tip and saw there in a pile a korg poly 600 - asked the chap at the tip what he wanted for it (i didnt know if it was working or not) - he said a quid - got it home, it worked fine. brilliant.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Grahoom,

The system is a hybid of mostly new Doepfer modules (92), Analogue systems (8), Analogue Solutions (4) and some DIY stuff from Oakley Sound Systems.

I agree with you and FeralSheryl that although basic the Prodigy is a nice piece of kit. For fat mono stuff I use a Waldorf Pulse being driven by a MAQ 16/3 sequencer and for poly work a Yamaha AN1X and a Technics WSA-1 (much under rated physical modelling synth)

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
as most of what I do tends to be more installation work, real time ambiance stuff, I don't bother recording it.

I've been promising my self that one day I will.

I'll have a listen through your work, it might encourage me to pull my finger out - so to speak :)

grahoom

Forager
May 27, 2005
oxford
pathmusick.hermetech.net
moduser said:
as most of what I do tends to be more installation work, real time ambiance stuff, I don't bother recording it.

I've been promising my self that one day I will.

I'll have a listen through your work, it might encourage me to pull my finger out - so to speak :)

ah cool - do you use any sort of sensors etc for your installations?

i have a keen interest in generative music and sonic stuff.

on the odd occasion when i do live stuff, i quite like using my boss rc20 loop pedal and create sonic drone-scapes.

btw, i want your modular!!!!!!!!

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Grahoom,

I use two Doepfer theremin modules connected up to free standing arials so as people move near them they can interact and influcence what they hear. I have been toying with the idea of getting a couple of their light sensitive units as well.

Sorry but the modular is not for sale :D :D :D :D

Slimey

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2005
Hertfordshire
Slimey is some sort of a corruption of my name, Simon.

Some friends started using it about 20 years ago and it sort of stuck. They told me it was nothing personal...

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE