Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
THANKS Huon.

Make it soon mate, you won't regret it.

I'm a little surprised none of you got it, What with the broad range of knowledge between us special one's. :lmao: It's down to cousin petro now.

Didn't get ther other one either :(

My memory is going with age.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
1974 September 14 Charles Kowal's Discovery of Jupiter Moon Leda.

Leda (/ˈliːdə/ LEE-də; Greek: Λήδα), also known as Jupiter XIII, is a prograde irregular satellite of Jupiter. It was discovered by Charles T. Kowal at the Mount Palomar Observatory on September 14, 1974, after three nights' worth of photographic plates had been taken (September 11 through 13; Leda appears on all of them).[1][4] It was named after Leda, who was a lover of Zeus, the Greek equivalent of Jupiter (who came to her in the form of a swan). Kowal suggested the name and the IAU endorsed it in 1975.[5]

Leda belongs to the Himalia group, five moons orbiting between 11 and 13 Gm from Jupiter at an inclination of about 27.5°.[2] The orbital elements given here are as of January 2000, but they are continuously changing due to solar and planetary perturbations.

Leda Leda2(moon).jpg
Discovery
Discovered by Charles T. Kowal
Discovery date September 11, 1974[1]
Designations
Adjective Ledean
Orbital characteristics
Mean orbit radius 11,160,000 km[2]
Eccentricity 0.16[2]
Orbital period 240.92 d (0.654 a)[2]
Average orbital speed 3.4 km/s
Inclination 27.46° (to the ecliptic)
29.01° (to Jupiter's equator)[2]
Satellite of Jupiter
Physical characteristics
Mean radius 10 km
Surface area ~1250 km²
Volume ~4200 km³
Mass 1.1×1016 kg
Mean density 2.6 g/cm³ (assumed)
Equatorial surface gravity ~0.0073 m/s2 (0.001 g)
Escape velocity ~0.012 km/s
Albedo 0.04 (assumed)
Temperature ~124 K
Apparent magnitude 20.2 [3]
View attachment 22311 View attachment 22312

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That makes all of us I had to google it as well.
Bob
"Say 'hello' to my little friend!"

Never seen the film:rolleyes: (I know) but the line's famous enough and been parodied enough that I reckon it's Scarface?

Mine for tonight is "The place where a U.S. soldier goes to defecate, relieve himself, open his bowel, ****, fart, dump, crap, and unload, is called the latrine. The la-trine, from the French."

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
We have just got to raise the tone of this thread.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick bottom...and I'm all out of bubblegum"

Which reminds me. Has anyone got my quote fro #1083 yet? We seem to be getting ahead of ourselves.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
We have just got to raise the tone of this thread.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick bottom...and I'm all out of bubblegum"

They Live.
OK if we're going posh, which tome, play or folio is this from?

“The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.”

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Which reminds me. Has anyone got my quote fro #1083 yet? We seem to be getting ahead of ourselves.

No but it was either an Australian or NZ film, I think the later... was on C4 years ago and was pretty good in a nice weird slow way.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
So, less mainstream this time. A return to classic Kiwi SF:

" Zac Hobson, July 5th. One: there has been a malfunction in Project Flashlight with devastating results. Two: it seems I am the only person left on Earth."

Repeating......

GB - The "Tome, play or folio" was a bit of a giveaway doncha think? I'm getting bard with this.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Repeat please.

He said: -

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Huon Which reminds me. Has anyone got my quote fro #1083 yet? We seem to be getting ahead of ourselves.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Indeed! I expected Dad to pop up for this one. He was the pro wrestling fan in the family. Remember how he loved to try the moves out after the program?

Ohh yeah, his forearm smash and dragon whip were legendary down the Slaughtered Lamb on a Friday night with Paula the TV barmaid.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
This is BCUK. You'll have to find a "Greener way" than that ;)

'tis true you know.

As for the tower of babel thing , I remember it when it came out, just like Solomon and Sheiba, and benn hurr, I'll get a quote from them two.

Anyway, due to me going blind, I've made a new years resolution not to use the computer anywhere near as much, so I won't be trawling through equipment sites. Just as I found a group who I'd fit in with too!

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
'tis true you know.

As for the tower of babel thing , I remember it when it came out, just like Solomon and Sheiba, and benn hurr, I'll get a quote from them two.

Anyway, due to me going blind, I've made a new years resolution not to use the computer anywhere near as much, so I won't be trawling through equipment sites. Just as I found a group who I'd fit in with too!

Blimey petro, just how old are you! If you remember when this movie came out. Funny how you only seem to be active after dark. Is that after a pint or two of the red stuff.:lmao:

[video=youtube;7j8Ba9rWhUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j8Ba9rWhUg[/video]

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE