Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Ah the Slaughtered Lamb in Jonestown, I never liked the lemonade in there it tasted funny. Pity we had to leave but they couldn't have liked us very much as the letters stopped coming sometime in 1978 though your probably too young to remember Uncle Jim.

I used to like the lemonade. It reminded me of the stuff dad used to whip up for us.

Uncle Jim, now there's a name from the past. Wasn't he in sales? He was certainly convincing enough.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I used to like the lemonade. It reminded me of the stuff dad used to whip up for us.

Uncle Jim, now there's a name from the past. Wasn't he in sales? He was certainly convincing enough.

He could sell potatoes to the Russians that man, in fact I heard he'd tried too. Was always a bit of a God bothering lefty compared to Pa and some of his crazy ideas/plans. I wonder where Uncle Jim is now? Someone said he was going to Cuba or to see that strange old gentleman he wrote to in Korea Uncle Kim Il-sung.

Pa wont talk about it as he says HIS ideas were much better.

Can't believe you liked the juice - tasted of Amaretto.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Biker, Happy Outer Limits Day!

Biker, on this day in 1963 - "Outer Limits" premieres on ABC-TV.

The Outer Limits is an American television series that aired on ABC from 1963 to 1965. The series is often compared to The Twilight Zone, but with a greater emphasis on science fiction (rather than simply bizarre or supernatural) stories. The Outer Limits is an anthology of self-contained episodes, sometimes with a plot twist at the end.
The series was revived in 1995, airing on Showtime from 1995 to 1999, then on Sci-Fi Channel from 1999 until its cancellation in 2002. In 1997, the episode "The Zanti Misfits" was ranked #98 on TV Guide's 100 Greatest Episodes of All Time.

Each show would begin with either a cold open or a preview clip, followed by a "Control Voice" narration that was played over visuals of an oscilloscope. The earlier and longer version of the narration ran as follows.
First lines of each episode: There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to – The Outer Limits.
Last lines of each episode: We now return control of your television set to you. Until next week at the same time, when the control voice will take you to – The Outer Limits.
Later episodes used one of two shortened versions of this introduction. The first few episodes began simply with the title screen followed by the narration and no cold open or preview clip.

Death.
On this day in 1498 - Tomas de Torquemada, inquisitor who burned 10,000 people, dies.

[video=youtube;Tym0MObFpTI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tym0MObFpTI[/video]

Guess the quote.
"Be Pure,
Be Vigilant,
BEHAVE."

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Did you ever read that loooong thread that began with the sinking of the Titanic conspiracy theory and escalated that was started here a couple of years ago? It got quite heated at times. (don't resurrect it please) let's just say we each have our own idea about what actually happened and what "they" said happened.

What this one - would I do that? LINK

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
You've been sent to the naughty corner for bringing up THAT thread that shall not be mentioned:tapedshut
But your frenemies might let you out to play later if your good.
Bob
As chanted by thugs in stadiums around the country; "It's all gone quiet over there!"

No chums to play with today :(

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Axolotl, axolotl? You had bizarre carnivorous amphibians in the naughty corner? Apart from Dad that is.

Ohoh! you reckon Pa, Uncle Jim, Mesquite, Uncle Kelly et al are members of the Lizard overlords?

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Wearing human skin suits? Could be. After all, Dad's done it before...

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Was that the one piece or the seven person composite you saw him in?

Valui ad satanam in computatrum meum invocandum

To be honest I lost track after the first few. I was never as fashion conscious as you. I always admired the treatment he used for the leather though. It used to come up as smooth and soft as a baby's b.... hang on!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
To be honest I lost track after the first few. I was never as fashion conscious as you. I always admired the treatment he used for the leather though. It used to come up as smooth and soft as a baby's b.... hang on!

:eek: Oh lordy!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Biker, Happy Red Barron Day!

On this day in 1916 - World War I: Manfred von Richthofen [The Red Baron], a flying ace of the German Luftstreitkräfte, wins his first aerial combat near Cambrai, France.
Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen (2 May 1892 – 21 April 1918), also widely known as the Red Baron, was a German fighter pilot with the Imperial German Army Air Service (Luftstreitkräfte) during World War I. He is considered the top ace of that war, being officially credited with 80 air combat victories.
Originally a cavalryman, Richthofen transferred to the Air Service in 1915, becoming one of the first members of Jasta 2 in 1916. He quickly distinguished himself as a fighter pilot, and during 1917 became leader of Jasta 11 and then the larger unit Jagdgeschwader 1 (better known as the "Flying Circus"). By 1918, he was regarded as a national hero in Germany, and was very well known by the other side.
Richthofen was shot down and killed near Amiens on 21 April 1918. There has been considerable discussion and debate regarding aspects of his career, especially the circumstances of his death. He remains perhaps the most widely known fighter pilot of all time, and has been the subject of many books, films and other media.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Ans to quote - Road Runner to Wiley Coyote?

Skin suits? I'll have you know they were the height of fashion back in the day, next you'll tell me drainpipe trousers weren't supposed to be made from real drainpipes!

And Winkle Pickers!

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Nice try but no cigar as they say:lmao:I don't think wiley coyote ever caught him, well maybe once.
[video=youtube;KJJW7EF5aVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJJW7EF5aVk[/video]

bob
Ans to quote - Road Runner to Wiley Coyote?

Skin suits? I'll have you know they were the height of fashion back in the day, next you'll tell me drainpipe trousers weren't supposed to be made from real drainpipes!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE