Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Only if he can find his Falses
dracula-vampire-cartoon-illustration-thumb11771253.jpg
BOB
Blimey petro, just how old are you! If you remember when this movie came out. Funny how you only seem to be active after dark. Is that after a pint or two of the red stuff.

[video=youtube;7j8Ba9rWhUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j8Ba9rWhUg[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Biker, Happy Resolution Day!

On this day in 1966 - 1st British nuclear sub HMS Resolution is launched.
HMS Resolution (S22) was the first of the Royal Navy's Resolution-class ballistic missile submarines.
Ordered in May 1963, she was built by Vickers Armstrong at a cost of £40.2m. The keel was laid down on 26 February 1964 by the Director General Ships, Sir Alfred Sims, and the launch was on 15 September 1966, attended by Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. The submarine was commissioned on 2 October 1967, and following extensive trials, including the firing of her first Polaris missile on 15 February 1968, commenced her first patrol on 15 June 1968.
Her Polaris system was updated in 1984 with the Chevaline IFE (Improved Front End) that included two new warheads and re-entry bodies and penaids, super-hardened to resist ABM attack, replacing the original three ET.317 warheads. Resolution conducted the longest Polaris patrol of 108 days in 1991.
Following the completion of the first Trident-carrying Vanguard-class submarine in 1992, the Resolution class were gradually removed from service. Resolution was de-commissioned on 22 October 1994, after 69 patrols, and laid up at the Rosyth Dockyard. She remains in the main basin at Rosyth, intact but with her reactor defueled; the MOD has yet to finalise plans for removal of the radioactive reactor parts and the scrapping of the boat.
799px-HMS_resolution_model.jpg

Class & type:Resolution-class ballistic missile submarine
Displacement:surfaced 7,500 tons; submerged 8,400 tons.
Length:425 ft. (130 m)
Beam:33 ft. (10 m)
Draught:30 ft. 1 in (9.17 m)
Propulsion:1 × Vickers/Rolls-Royce PWR.1 pressurised-water nuclear reactor, 27,500 shp (20,500 kW); Propeller.
Speed:surface - 20 kn (37 km/h); submerged - 25 kn (46 km/h)
Range:Unlimited except by food supplies
Complement:143 (two crews)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oh almost forgot todays film quote: -

"I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a "recreational vehicle." And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?"

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Oh almost forgot todays film quote: -

"I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a "recreational vehicle." And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?"

I had to google that Colin, Good film.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Whilst finding a video for the Tomorrow People thread I came across this and thought it may help brighten the morning.

[video=youtube;Y_Vh8JJR1OQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Vh8JJR1OQ[/video]

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Whilst finding a video for the Tomorrow People thread I came across this and thought it may help brighten the morning.

[video=youtube;Y_Vh8JJR1OQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Vh8JJR1OQ[/video]

Eee bah gum, well I'll go to the foot of our stairs, and impersonate a book shelf. :lmao: That's brightened my day.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well to keep MODS like Shewie happy since we've had Lancashire we'd better have Yorkshire. He doe's like his tuppence worth that chap.:)

[video=youtube;SuP1eycaA6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuP1eycaA6c[/video]

There's no national stereotyping going on here officer... honest. Though wouldn't mind half an hour beating Bill Oddie round the head with a black puddin'.

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Ey it's only a tuppence worth cause those Yorkshire guys are even tighter than us Scot's:rofl:

Bob
Well to keep MODS like Shewie happy since we've had Lancashire we'd better have Yorkshire. He doe's like his tuppence worth that chap.:)

There's no national stereotyping going on here officer... honest. Though wouldn't mind half an hour beating Bill Oddie round the head with a black puddin'.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain

'S all ok I guess but personally I'd go for http://www.llapgoch.org.uk.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That link had me laughing out loud, thanks son. :lmao: Once a master of this skill I think I shall now be able to take on John Fenna and survive to tell the story. Roll on next year's Moot!

Hang on Pa I fear for your safety... Mr Fenna is built like a weeble and doesn't fall down (unless imbibing crazy juice).

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hang on Pa I fear for your safety... Mr Fenna is built like a weeble and doesn't fall down (unless imbibing crazy juice).

He is and does! You should have seen him in his dress staggering back to our patch at the Moot arm in arm with Mesquite who was also just a pished. I shall treasure that memory for many a year to come.

Oh and thanks for that Flashing Blade overdub, I did laugh at that, by eck I did! :lmao:

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
He is and does! You should have seen him in his dress staggering back to our patch at the Moot arm in arm with Mesquite who was also just a pished. I shall treasure that memory for many a year to come.

Oh and thanks for that Flashing Blade overdub, I did laugh at that, by eck I did! :lmao:

A weeble in a dress. I see you still go to the same sort of parties dad.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~

I remember it just as well... it was a classic walk back to Dingly Dell armed with our spears :rolleyes: :rofl:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Now that you mention it I do remember Paula's penchant for pink....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Ah the Slaughtered Lamb in Jonestown, I never liked the lemonade in there it tasted funny. Pity we had to leave but they couldn't have liked us very much as the letters stopped coming sometime in 1978 though your probably too young to remember Uncle Jim.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE