Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Now now. That is quite unbecoming conduct for the prince of self love. Your fatherwarned you to play nicely while he was away, now behave yourselves or I will have to leave you to the tender mercies of Bobble Zee.

Yours grudgingly
Dons Clerk Sally

More self love. The teens in this family are incorrigible ;)

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
This family DOES need more loving in it. I will start by saying how excited I am to be meeting one of my charming nephews soon :) Are you costuming up, Lady Neck Whateveritwas? Hahaha make my day and tell me you will be in victorian drag ;) Aren't you going to be the spoilt focus of me and your daddys attentions... *mutley sniggers*

Ribek would make a fiiiine Dastardly Daddy ;)
[video=youtube;ihY7F0fruR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihY7F0fruR4[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Well sans Biker today, but here goes.
Today in 1977 - Radio Shack issues a press release introducing TRS-80 computer 25 existed, within weeks thousands were ordered.
TRS-80 was a brand associated with several desktop microcomputer lines sold by Tandy Corporation through their Radio Shack stores. The original "TRS-80 Micro Computer System" launched in 1977 (later known as the Model I) was one of the earliest mass-produced personal computers. The first units, ordered unseen, were delivered in November 1977, and rolled out to the stores the third week of December. The line won popularity with hobbyists, home users, and small-businesses. Tandy Corporation's leading position in what Byte Magazine called the "1977 Trinity" (Apple, Commodore and Tandy) had much to do with Tandy's retailing the computer through more than 3,000 of its Radio Shack storefronts. Notable features of the original TRS-80 included its full-stroke QWERTY keyboard, small size, its floating point BASIC programming language, an included monitor, and a starting price of $600[SUP].
[/SUP]By 1979, the TRS-80 had the largest available selection of software in the microcomputer market.

Birthdays
1801 - Joseph Paxton, English landscape architect (Crystal Palace).
1926 - Tony Bennett.
1938 - Terry "5 Wigs" Wogan, British talk show host.

Music
1963 - Allan Sherman releases "Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda"
[video=youtube;9jjiWS__Mp0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jjiWS__Mp0[/video]

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
This family DOES need more loving in it. I will start by saying how excited I am to be meeting one of my charming nephews soon :) Are you costuming up, Lady Neck Whateveritwas? Hahaha make my day and tell me you will be in victorian drag ;) Aren't you going to be the spoilt focus of me and your daddys attentions... *mutley sniggers*

Ribek would make a fiiiine Dastardly Daddy

Sorry to spoil your fantasy Rub Rig Lot, I don't have the figure for drag, (drag racing maybe) But I have ordered my helmet. So no taking the pith. :rolleyes:

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Mission type Flyby / Orbiter
Launch date August 3, 2004 06:15:56 UTC
(9 years ago)
Launch vehicle Delta II 7925H-9.5
Launch site Space Launch Complex 17B
Cape Canaveral Air Force Station
Mission duration (began April 4, 2011)
Earth flyby
(completed August 2, 2005)
Venus flyby 1
(completed 24 October, 2006)
Venus flyby 2
(completed June 5, 2007)
Mercury flyby 1
(completed January 14, 2008)
Mercury flyby 2
(completed October 6, 2008)
Mercury flyby 3
(completed September 29, 2009)
Mercury orbit insertion
(completed March 18, 2011)
Extended mission
(completed March 17, 2013)[1][2]
Flyby of Earth, Venus, Mercury
Satellite of Mercury
Orbital insertion date March 18, 2011 01:00 UTC[3]
COSPAR ID 2004-030A
Homepage JHU/APL website
Mass 485 kg (1,070 lb)
Power 450 W (Solar array / 11 NiH2 batteries)

MESSENGER (an acronym of MErcury Surface, Space ENvironment, GEochemistry, and Ranging) is a robotic NASA spacecraft orbiting the planet Mercury, the first spacecraft ever to do so.[4] The 485-kilogram (1,070 lb) spacecraft was launched aboard a Delta II rocket in August 2004 to study Mercury's chemical composition, geology, and magnetic field. It became the second mission after 1975's Mariner 10 (launched by NASA on November 3, 1973) to reach Mercury successfully when it made a flyby in January 2008, followed by a second flyby in October 2008,[5] and a third flyby in September 2009.[6][7]

The instruments carried by MESSENGER were tested on a complex series of flybys – the spacecraft flew by Earth once, Venus twice, and Mercury itself three times, allowing it to decelerate relative to Mercury using minimal fuel. MESSENGER successfully entered Mercury's orbit on March 18, 2011, and reactivated its science instruments on March 24, returning the first photo from Mercury orbit on March 29.

MESSENGER's formal data collection mission began on April 4, 2011. The primary mission was completed on March 17, 2012, having collected close to 100,000 images.[8] MESSENGER achieved 100% mapping of Mercury on March 6, 2013, and completed its first year-long extended mission on March 17, 2013.[2] It is awaiting approval of a second one-year extension as of July 2013.[2]

During its stay in Mercury orbit, MESSENGER's instruments have yielded significant data, including a characterization of Mercury's magnetic field[9] and the discovery of water ice at the planet's north pole [10], which had long been suspected on the basis of Earth-based radar data. [11]

Now sending back photos like this.

messenger-mercury-global-enhanced-2.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Also on this day in 1958, the nuclear-powered submarine USS Nautilus (SSN-571) became the first vessel to cross the North Pole underwater. Because she was the first Nuclear Submarine she set a lot of records and is worth a wee read about here. LINK.

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Why is it when I think of all you guys in the Naughty corner.I can't get the image of Don Estelle out of my head.
lofty.jpg

Of course not so PC now but one I grew up with.

[video=youtube;10dmK7O-KSY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10dmK7O-KSY&list=RD02E-Qr4521pdA[/video]
Bob

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Also on this day in 1958, the nuclear-powered submarine USS Nautilus (SSN-571) became the first vessel to cross the North Pole underwater. Because she was the first Nuclear Submarine she set a lot of records and is worth a wee read about here. LINK.

did you see the Laconia film last night, thinking of subs? Love a good war film :) they used the cap as a hiding place didn't they... Ohhh id add a das boot clip if i wasn't on mobile, fine film!

Being a bonny 6 footer with size 10 feet, i will be the family member who looks like they're in drag...its a cruel world :D warn me now, nephew, if you don't do hugs and i will lull you into a false sense of security before i Cato you ;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
did you see the Laconia film last night, thinking of subs? Love a good war film :) they used the cap as a hiding place didn't they... Ohhh id add a das boot clip if i wasn't on mobile, fine film!

Being a bonny 6 footer with size 10 feet, i will be the family member who looks like they're in drag...its a cruel world :D warn me now, nephew, if you don't do hugs and i will lull you into a false sense of security before i Cato you ;)

I don't have a telly Auntie, Dad won't let me see it - says I have "ideas", which channel was it on? may see it on one of the players.

As for Cato here I he in drag doing his best.

[video=youtube;8ACWwI2Ycyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ACWwI2Ycyo[/video]

Don't hurt me, I cant fight back, not against a lady.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oh Dad left his research material memory stick behind... what's on it?

[video=youtube;_MDbfx1QRyI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MDbfx1QRyI&feature=py v&ad=5016306880&kw=pua[/video]

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
So are you wearing a safari suit or a uniform with this? Better watch out you may send Auntie Tub Girl Or wild.

Have you been going through my stuff again.

Why is it when I think of all you guys in the Naughty corner.I can't get the image of Don Estelle out of my head.
lofty.jpg

Of course not so PC now but one I grew up with.
Bob

Hahaha, I think that's exactly how it will look.

I love a challenge Burr Log It, bring it on.:lmao:

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
He's been cheating again. How did Rekib get his Pith helmet so soon. He's already boasting about it on U bend.

[video=youtube;-oyp5SgyCAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oyp5SgyCAs[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE