Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
A. Have I met you yet and B. Are you still alive and not severely licked... I tell ya, I can have the cap off a ketchup bottle with my tongue so if you don't look like Georges first lil freind, you have yet to find out :)

Biker we need to get the the Bog Toay into line. I think I should pack him into a gimp suit and send him over to chew through the garden ornaments with his teeth. Aunt Rub To will keep the other as a petting toy if she may :)

I'm sorry Aunt Grub Lit Or, I shall await my punishment. With dignity and a bottle of ketchup.

Yours,
A By Go To

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Repeat after me. I must not under any circumstances upset auntie Girl to rub. At least not this side of the moot.:naughty::evilangel:

Yours truely
Lanced skyrolls

Nakedly Scrolls, well as I'm not there in body - purely spirit I should be reasonably safe from Burro Gilt.

Bat Go Yo

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Oh everyone, I just found out my account got hacked and some evil malicious person has been posting in my place...
Me too! Gosh, I don't know who that saucy wench was... I'm just a big ole cuddly and safe honey monster, me! ;)
honey.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sugar Puffs were first launched in 1957 with Jeremy the Bear. (He used to live not far from me in Camperdown zoo. Was popular till he are a small boys arm off.

Sugar Puffs posters can clearly be seen in the 1966 film Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 AD. They helped to finance the film, and in return held a giveaway contest in which the grand prize was a Dalek prop made for the film.
The Honey Monster was first seen on TV in 1976 in an advertisement created by John Webster of the advertising agency BMP. The ad focused around a nutritional message which was illustrated by a parent (played by Henry McGee) and child (the Honey Monster) relationship. The parent was responsible for what the child was eating. The monster shouts "Tell them about the honey, mummy!" to which Henry McGee responds "I'm not his mummy!". The monster then proceeds to destroy the set.

Mummy...

[video=youtube;sW_5-DhV1gE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW_5-DhV1gE[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Us_declaration_independence_si  gnatures.jpg

Biker, Happy Disputed Independence Day.
Fifty-six delegates to the Second Continental Congress in Philadelphia signed the United States Declaration of Independence, a statement announcing that the thirteen American colonies then at war with Great Britain were now independent states, and thus no longer a part of the British Empire. Although the wording of the Declaration was approved by Congress on July 4, the date of its signing has been disputed. Most historians have concluded that it was signed nearly a month after its adoption, on August 2, 1776, and not on July 4 as is commonly believed.
Various legends about the signing of the Declaration emerged years later, when the document had become an important national symbol. In one famous story, John Hancock supposedly said that Congress, having signed the Declaration, must now "all hang together", and Benjamin Franklin replied: "Yes, we must indeed all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately." The quote did not appear in print until more than fifty years after Franklin's death.

Birthdays
1892 - Jack Warner, US movie studio head (Warner Bros).
1925 - Alan Wicker, British broadcaster.
1932 - Peter O'Toole, Ireland, actor (Lord Jim, Beckett, Lawrence of Arabia).
1977 - Edward Furlong, Pasadena California, actor (John Connor-Terminator 2).

Deaths
Following my sometimes musical deaths, here's one that James Hewitt who died today in 1827 wrote of The Battle of Trenton and dedicated to George Washington one of the signatories to the Declaration document above. Have a listen, you may know parts of it!
[video=youtube;0TLIbNRPMhU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TLIbNRPMhU[/video]

*George Washington did not sign the Declaration. Prior to its work on the Declaration of Independence, the Second Continental Congress included Washington as a congressman from Virginia. But he resigned his position as a delegate when Congress formed the Continental Army and appointed him commanding general on June 14, 1775. So he was unavailable to participate, or to sign the Declaration.

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
But sometimes it's worth getting your fingers burned.:pokenest:
Thats funny, I never see anyone trying that for kicks at any meets I've ever been to :) You are a strange boy!

I put a man out who was on fire once. It was the only instance I could stand the pain of burns and that was just to shut the poor stupid fool up... he'd used a glug of thinners directly from the 5l can to kickstart his worshop stove. Had to throw away my best jacket as it smelt of flesh and had melted patches and crispy bits stuck to it.... ewwwwww!
:stretcher:

Last edited:

Biker

Thanks for all the commemoration events kids, Dad feels very appreciated for your efforts. I'm heading off for the UK later this afternoon to eventually travel on to the Moot. A 500mile+ journey so I shall be out of communication for a while.

Catch up with yooze when I get back. Oh and don't try dipping into the drinks cabinet while I'm gone, I've changed the combination, and my research material stack is now burnt ashes. I transferred it to digital copy on a USB stick and that's soooo much easier to hide.

Have fun, in bed by 10pm unless, you're reading, in which case you can read till gone midnight (I figure anyone who reads is learning something whatever the subject material is) and do what your big sister says. :nono:

Should you feel inclined the hall needs redecorating. You'll find the wallpaper and the decorative staples in the box under the stairs

Uncle Belzeebob will look in on you now and then so no wild parties unless he's invited.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Today in 1991.

STS-43 Atlantis.
Mission duration 8 days, 21 hours, 21 minutes, 25 seconds
Distance travelled 5,955,217 kilometres (3,700,400 mi)
Orbits completed 142
Spacecraft properties
Spacecraft Space Shuttle Atlantis
Landing mass 89,239 kilograms (196,740 lb)
Payload mass 21,067 kilograms (46,440 lb)
Crew
Crew size 5
Members John E. Blaha
Michael A. Baker
Shannon W. Lucid
G. David Low
James C. Adamson

STS-43, the ninth mission for Space Shuttle Atlantis, was a nine-day mission whose primary goal was launching the fourth Tracking and Data Relay Satellite, TDRS-E. The flight also tested an advanced heatpipe radiator for potential use on the then-future space station and conducted a variety of medical and materials science investigations.

[video=youtube;MfMix1r7wZI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfMix1r7wZI[/video]

I love watching the lift offs.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Us_declaration_independence_si  gnatures.jpg

Biker, Happy Disputed Independence Day.
Fifty-six delegates to the Second Continental Congress in Philadelphia signed the United States Declaration of Independence, a statement announcing that the thirteen American colonies then at war with Great Britain were now independent states, and thus no longer a part of the British Empire. Although the wording of the Declaration was approved by Congress on July 4, the date of its signing has been disputed. Most historians have concluded that it was signed nearly a month after its adoption, on August 2, 1776, and not on July 4 as is commonly believed.
Various legends about the signing of the Declaration emerged years later, when the document had become an important national symbol. In one famous story, John Hancock supposedly said that Congress, having signed the Declaration, must now "all hang together", and Benjamin Franklin replied: "Yes, we must indeed all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately." The quote did not appear in print until more than fifty years after Franklin's death.

Birthdays
1892 - Jack Warner, US movie studio head (Warner Bros).
1925 - Alan Wicker, British broadcaster.
1932 - Peter O'Toole, Ireland, actor (Lord Jim, Beckett, Lawrence of Arabia).
1977 - Edward Furlong, Pasadena California, actor (John Connor-Terminator 2).

Deaths
Following my sometimes musical deaths, here's one that James Hewitt who died today in 1827 wrote of The Battle of Trenton and dedicated to George Washington one of the signatories to the Declaration document above. Have a listen, you may know parts of it!
[video=youtube;0TLIbNRPMhU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TLIbNRPMhU[/video]

*George Washington did not sign the Declaration. Prior to its work on the Declaration of Independence, the Second Continental Congress included Washington as a congressman from Virginia. But he resigned his position as a delegate when Congress formed the Continental Army and appointed him commanding general on June 14, 1775. So he was unavailable to participate, or to sign the Declaration.

Who is the fool standing up in an overloaded boat that is obviously struggling in adverse conditions?
Is he trying to drown everyone?
He should sit down and help get the wretched thing ashore before someone gets hurt!

Biker

Who is the fool standing up in an overloaded boat that is obviously struggling in adverse conditions?
Is he trying to drown everyone?
He should sit down and help get the wretched thing ashore before someone gets hurt!

I think it's Capt Ahab and those are chunky bits of Moby Dick the other whalers are harpooning... though I could be wrong.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Dear Kerbi, you have no idea what Uncle Blob Be Zee is capable of, you really don't. Didn't get named for the Arch Dark One by mistake.

Please don't let it play on you're mind and drive safe. Have fun with the customs men, nobody thought it would be funny to phone them and warn then about you coming, honest mattress man!

Have fun at the MOOT, and I expect to hear stories of toe curling fun on your return.

All the best your loving not favourite son,
At Gob Yo.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE