Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Just thinking, what am I gonna do when you're all at the MOOT, I'll be very lonely.

*Please note there is some mildly offensive language on this video. Over 18's only.

[video=youtube;CVDnNfC1HJw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVDnNfC1HJw[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Biker, Happy Beetle Ending Day.
Today in 2003 the last "old style Beetle" rolled off of the production line in Mexico.
The Volkswagen Beetle, officially called the Volkswagen Type 1 (or informally the Volkswagen Bug), was an economy car produced by the German auto maker Volkswagen (VW) from 1938 until 2003. The car was conceived as a cheap simple car, and it was commissioned by Adolf Hitler and designed by Ferdinand Porsche. With over 21 million manufactured (21,529,464)in an air-cooled, rear-engined, rear-wheel drive configuration, the Beetle is the longest-running and most-manufactured car of a single design platform, worldwide.

Another Teutonic legend has it's day today, in 1947 - Arnold Schwarzenegger, Austrian, body builder/actor/politician (Terminator, 38th Governor of California) was born.

Also forwards in time in 1958, English rose Kate Bush, was born. Toured only once 2 April – 13 May 1979 as we spoke of earlier and released such gems as this.
[video=youtube;BJECg2IqUFo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJECg2IqUFo[/video]
about mental Psychoanalyst Wilhelm Reich.

Death wise we had in 2007 - Ingmar Bergman, Swedish stage and film director.

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Is this you thinking of world domination again. REF post 381
You've been watching Pinky and the Brain again haven't you.
I've told you it's only make believe.[video=youtube;e_mPrhwpZ-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_mPrhwpZ-8[/video]
bob

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Pinky and the Brain, love it.

42 years ago today.

1971.07.30 - Apollo 15 lands near Hadley Rille
Apollo 15 entered lunar orbit at 4:06 p.m. EDT July 29.

The LM-10 Falcon, with astronauts Scott and Irwin aboard, undocked and separated from the Endeavor (CSM 112) with astronaut Worden aboard. At 6:16 p.m. EDT July 30, the Falcon landed in the Hadley-Apennine region of the moon 600 meters north-northwest of the proposed target.

Four hours before settling into lunar orbit, the crew jettisoned the cover of the scientific instrument module in preparation for the lunar-orbital science to be conducted later. Endeavour went smoothly into lunar orbit. Scott and Irwin entered Falcon about 40 minutes early, checked out its systems, and had ample time to eat lunch before beginning powered descent. After they undocked, Worden put Endeavour into a circular orbit suitable for gathering scientific data.

Ten hours into their fourth day, Scott powered up Falcon for the approach to Hadley. As had been the case throughout the mission so far, everything went well during the landing approach. At about 9,000 feet (2,750 meters) above the surface Scott noted the peak of Hadley Delta to his left; until he reached 5,000 feet (1,500 meters) the only other landmark he could spot was Hadley Rille. The terrain was less sharply defined than he had expected from simulations. After entering several redesignations of the landing site into his control computer, Scott brought Falcon down through blinding dust and touched down at 6:16 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on July 29. Not sure of his exact location, Scott was sure he was well within the boundaries of his designated landing zone. The lunar module came to rest tilted back and to its left; two of its landing pads were just over the edge of a small crater that Scott had not been able to see as he approached the surface.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Thanks for the info fest son. Rosemary Shrub's (aka Kate Bush) birthday eh? I have to say I am a big fan of hers, always liked her stuff, though not all of it. Wuthering Heights and Hammer Horror being my favs and her Hounds of Love album got played to death on my cassette player in the shed back in the mid 80's. Lionheart was a good album. I only recently sold that on 12" vinyl the last time I was in the UK. Got it on CD now so I ditched my old records... along with apiece of my heart

As for the passing (not to mention spooky) resemblance between me and Mr Gabriel. Let's just say that that he and I have never been seen in the same room together. Not admitting he is actually me.. but just saying. ;)

+1 on Pinky and the brain. More than once I sat and watched that with my girls when they were nippers. Laughed out loud too.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Morning Kerb I. I have to admit I've never seen you in the same room as Peter Gabriel. Gay Boot might have though. I guess we'll have to wait till lunchtime before he rises from his pit, playing on his computer till four in the morning.
Atb
Nakedly Scrolls.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Afternoon Oat bogy, I see you've risen. Just you wait till your aunt Rub girl to hears about your shennanigans.
Atb
Lankly Cordless

Afternoon Yell in lock, actually looking forward to aunt rub girl to's reaction. I was up and about earlier - just had stuff to do this morning. Did Apollo 15 have problems with it being perched all Italian Job like over the crater. Can't think how many feet it has? I think Kerb I wants to allude to cuddling Kate Bush, but no never seen him with Peter Gabriel either. Have to go watch Pinky and Brain now, heard of them but never watched.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Aren't we a happy Toga Boy now poppa Berki is back?! I'm watching and will talk with your daddy about you boys and any appropriate punishments he might want 'Aunt Rub' to deliver in his absence ;)

Am verrrry excited that its nearly moot time!!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Aren't we a happy Toga Boy now poppa Berki is back?! I'm watching and will talk with your daddy about you boys and any appropriate punishments he might want 'Aunt Rub' to deliver in his absence ;)

Am verrrry excited that its nearly moot time!!

Yes I am a bad boy and should be punished.

Are you going for the full MOOT? Will maybe get along one year, as it sounds like you all have a great time.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Afternoon Girl to rub, A bog toy, An oar, Bobble zee 32 and if his computer isn't playing up Uh no. Here's to an evening of pleasant chit chat and informative oddities.

atb
Ceylon kill.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
As we're all of a certain age and in topical weather vein, heres one of the best lyric writing EVER from a fiiiine old band with lovely wild weather scenery :) [video=youtube;xnkwhHOjv-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnkwhHOjv-4[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
On the cloud theme and tying in with the bands name:)

Crepuscular rays sometimes called Jacob's Ladder (Bards Cajoled - anagram)

[video=youtube;8wmmUDY6PHg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wmmUDY6PHg[/video]

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
That sunshine behind the crepuscular is Magna Ra! I thought one of you lads had to be a Shur fan, Kelly Doss Land Cro :)

Yup, I'm at the moot from opening to chucking out :) Are you attending, CLK? I'm guessing you'd be Naughty Corner kinda guys ;) Oh and TOP Nestos choon :)

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
More on the cloud theme sort of.
[video=youtube;VzewXmgVzL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzewXmgVzL4&list=PLF3C 66D69B12A47DE[/video]
bob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE