Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Not NASA, but many other organizations have moved away from their original remit, and have become either overly politicised, or simply chasing the big $$, regardless of consequences. The RSPCA spring to mind.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Not NASA, but many other organizations have moved away from their original remit, and have become either overly politicised, or simply chasing the big $$, regardless of consequences. The RSPCA spring to mind.

Yes I dislike them (RSPCA) very much. Almost as much as those gate opening, red sock wearing, this land is for me alone nimby gits the Ramblers.*

*Mods please note this is purely my opinion and in no way should it reflect upon the BCUK crowd.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Barney must be pulling another late one tonight. No wonder his kids are so messed up. I know he'll say it's all for the kids,but we know his agenda is purely for the moot. So as usual littleun's go without.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Barney must be pulling another late one tonight. No wonder his kids are so messed up. I know he'll say it's all for the kids,but we know his agenda is purely for the moot. So as usual littleun's go without.

I know, we post up these lovely things for him (well Huon doesn't - "Eeew my 'putters busted!") and Dad doesn't even look, I'm worse than a latchkey kid, little orphan GB. But you at least speak Colin and fill me with stories of your days at NASA.

It'll be - "I was working doing a drawing of a girl, when I were a lad we were lucky to have gravel."

All we want is a bit of attention, even Aunt Sally has to look in on us sometimes, when the V8's and gin aren't calling to her curly red ariel's. She is nice though. Gives cuddles to Mr Fenna and everything.

So I found some water to drink this evening - what about you?

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Hehe, found a couple of beers in the back of the fridge. If I should ever be invited to go into space, it would be more like this,

[video=youtube;Q5fd3pTM4sU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5fd3pTM4sU[/video]

than this.

Sgt Odball is here too. go to next post

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hmm I've never seen Space Cowboys. Looks good, may have to go have a looksee. Still think Silent Running is my fave space movie.

Trailer does it no justice however...

[video=youtube;TckJBvl_uT0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TckJBvl_uT0[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
"Lead A Normal Life"
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Where's that from without looking it up?

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hey Latchkey kids, Dad's back. I was in the pub getting acquainted with several ladies wearing my best beer glasses... actually I was drawing. Got to get a load of drawings done to cover the time I'm at the moot. You know me so well. :You_Rock_

Silent Running was a good film. I was fascinated by the little walking robots, they were amazing! Space Cowboys is a pretty good film too. I bought that on DVD a couple of years ago and liked it. Can't remember off hand which are my fav space films. Maybe another time I'll think of 'em... Thought of one was in the genre of Silent Running

Moon is a film that springs to mind as a pretty interesting film in recent times.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hey Latchkey kids, Dad's back. I was in the pub getting acquainted with several ladies wearing my best beer glasses... actually I was drawing. Got to get a load of drawings done to cover the time I'm at the moot. You know me so well. :You_Rock_

Silent Running was a good film. I was fascinated by the little walking robots, they were amazing! Space Cowboys is a pretty good film too. I bought that on DVD a couple of years ago and liked it. Can't remember off hand which are my fav space films. Maybe another time I'll think of 'em... Thought of one was in the genre of Silent Running

Moon is a film that springs to mind as a pretty interesting film in recent times.

Daddy!!! I knewed you'd come back!!! Glad the drawings went well, I know that you have to earn pennies so that you and Mr Kelly can have fun with Mr Fenna and Sally at the MOOT. But we miss the wry humour ('cause it's fuelled by rye bourbon Huon says.) Has it been big sis Betty you've been drawing? Remember we need lots of pictures of you all in your pith helmets to prove you were there. How many sleeps is it 'till you all go?

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hhehehehehe you are such a desperate kid for affection aren't you?

I'm guessing it's six sleeps till the Moot. This time next week I'll be in South Wales listening to John whinging on about how I set my guy lines on my tent at the wrong angle or my boots aren't polished to a respectable shine to pass muster.

I was drawing Betty tonight actually, but in her office clothes instead of out in the woods. She has to work this year instead of coming to the Moot, poor girl. The rest were pure pin-ups.

Seeing that Peter Gabriel clip. I always liked Solsbury Hill, but another one that I really like is this one:

[video=youtube;CnVf1ZoCJSo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnVf1ZoCJSo[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yup Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush are excellent artists, did you know she's only toured once, 2 April – 13 May 1979. Though has done other performances.

I love her voice in this song. Just relaxes me.

[video=youtube;Ydls3iAcs0A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydls3iAcs0A[/video]

So Dad, is there something you're not telling me?

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE