Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Napoleon XIV (real name Jerry Samuels) releases
"They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha! Ha!"
On this day in 1966, three weeks later it peaks @ #3.
[video=youtube;hnzHtm1jhL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4[/video]

While back in 1961 Woody Harrelson of Cheers and Zombieland fame came into this world.

Along with not eating meat or dairy, Harrelson also does not eat sugar or flour.[SUP][30][/SUP] He did not eat Twinkies for his movie Zombieland, replacing them with vegan faux-Twinkies made from cornmeal.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Mr Fenna, for leaving set up to defend your tent at night during the MOOT. LINK

Though in the words of Jeremy Clarkson, "More Power!" may be needed.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Mr Fenna, for leaving set up to defend your tent at night during the MOOT. LINK

Though in the words of Jeremy Clarkson, "More Power!" may be needed.

John needs to guard his pitch against sneaky folk armed with coke bottles with holes in the lid... :rolleyes::rofl:

And on that note whose turn is it to be joker out of you and Mr Budd John?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Carrying on with the coke bottle and mint theme someone could escalate matter a bit...:evilangel:

[video=youtube;HiYV9ldFwmM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiYV9ldFwmM[/video]

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just got back online again after a heavy storm here knocked out our internet connection. Man was that storm nice!

Seems my brother shares his birthday with the new additon to the house of Windsor. Congrats to the happy couple.

As for the rest of the remarks I don't know where the leotard and leg warmers comment came from, the image that went with it fails to show, but seriously doubt I shall be wearing either. So Mesquite is safe as is John, so the only one disappointed is Turbogirl Sal, but I'm sure she'll cope somehow. :cool:

Didn't know Woody Harrelson was such a diet fiend, good for him I say!

As for the coke and Mentos prank that's a big :nono:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Just got back online again after a heavy storm here knocked out our internet connection. Man was that storm nice!

Seems my brother shares his birthday with the new additon to the house of Windsor. Congrats to the happy couple.

As for the rest of the remarks I don't know where the leotard and leg warmers comment came from, the image that went with it fails to show

Shares a Birthday with the new Prince and Bonny Langford = hence the legwarmers and 'tard.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Biker, Happy Machu Picchu Day
On July 24, 1911, American archaeologist Hiram Bingham gets his first look at Machu Picchu, the ancient Inca settlement in Peru.

The Incas built the estate around 1450, but abandoned it a century later at the time of the Spanish Conquest.

Although the citadel is located only about 80 kilometres (50 mi) from Cusco, the Inca capital, the Spanish never found it and consequently did not plunder or destroy it, as they did many other sites. Over the centuries, the surrounding jungle grew over much of the site, and few outsiders knew of its existence.
Although known locally, it was unknown to the outside world before being brought to international attention.

Machu Picchu was built in the classical Inca style, with polished dry-stone walls. Its three primary structures are the Intihuatana (Hitching post of the Sun), the Temple of the Sun, and the Room of the Three Windows. These are located in what is known by archaeologists as the Sacred District of Machu Picchu.

The site received significant publicity after the National Geographic Society devoted their entire April 1913 issue to Machu Picchu. This issue can be found in many doctors and dentists waiting rooms to this day.:rolleyes:

Today is also the Birthday of Larry "The Mole" Taylor born in 1942.

If your no wiser, he is an American bass guitarist, best known for his work as a member of Canned Heat from 1967. Before joining Canned Heat he had been a session bassist for The Monkees and Jerry Lee Lewis.

[video=youtube;QexOuH8GS-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QexOuH8GS-Y[/video]

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Fascinating info about Picachu. There was me thinking it was a Japanese cartoon thing. :lmao:

Seriously though, I hadn't realised it was such a recent discovery, only 102 since. Makes you wonder what they discovered there. Great hi-res picture too. I love archeology like this, us oldies appreciate this sort of thing.

Happy Birthday to Lynda Carter aka Wonder Woman too. You're probably too young to remember seeing this lady jiggling about on a Saurday evening prime time TV slot. Trust me, it was hypnotic.

tumblr_lmlcr8llTG1qcsdj2o1_500.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Fascinating info about Picachu. There was me thinking it was a Japanese cartoon thing. :lmao:

Seriously though, I hadn't realised it was such a recent discovery, only 102 since. Makes you wonder what they discovered there. Great hi-res picture too. I love archeology like this, us oldies appreciate this sort of thing.

Happy Birthday to Lynda Carter aka Wonder Woman too. You're probably too young to remember seeing this lady jiggling about on a Saurday evening prime time TV slot. Trust me, it was hypnotic.

tumblr_lmlcr8llTG1qcsdj2o1_500.jpg

No I remember the lariat of Truth, the invisible plane and the bullet proof wristbands. Though I was never a fan of the show.

Machu Picchu does look a wonderful place and I would love to visit. Have a few mates who've been - lucky gits.

Hope the weathers better with yourself, the thunder and lightning hit here last night but wasn't that great. Still enjoyed it though.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Hello.
1975 July 24 - .

Landing of Apollo (ASTP) - . Return Crew: Brand; Slayton; Stafford. Nation: USA. Related Persons: Brand; Slayton; Stafford. Program: ASTP. Flight: Apollo (ASTP). Apollo (ASTP) landed at 21:18 GMT, 7.3 km from the recovery ship New Orleans. It was the last splashdown of an American space capsule. However the flight of the last Apollo spacecraft was marred by the fact that the crew almost perished while the capsule was descending under its parachute.

A failure in switchology led the automatic landing sequence to be not armed at the same time the reaction control system was still active. When the Apollo hadn't begun the parachute deployment sequence by 7,000 metres altitude, Brand hit the manual switches for the apex cover and the drogues. The manual deployment of the drogue chutes caused the CM to sway, and the reaction control system thrusters worked vigorously to counteract that motion. When the crew finally armed the automatic ELS 30 seconds later, the thruster action terminated.

During that 30 seconds, the cabin was flooded with a mixture of toxic unignited propellants from the thrusters. Prior to drogue deployment, the cabin pressure relief valve had opened automatically, and in addition to drawing in fresh air it also brought in unwanted gases being expelled from the roll thrusters located about 0.6 meter from the relief valve. Brand manually deployed the main parachutes at about 2,700 meters despite the gas fumes in the cabin.

By the time of splashdown, the crew was nearly unconscious from the fumes, Stafford managed to get an oxygen mask over Brand's face. He then began to come around. When the command module was upright in the water, Stafford opened the vent valve, and with the in-rush of air the remaining fumes disappeared. The crew ended up with a two-week hospital stay in Honolulu. For Slayton, it also meant the discovery of a small lesion on his left lung and an exploratory operation that indicated it was a non-malignant tumour. Additional Details: Landing of Apollo (ASTP).

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

On this day in 1814 George Stephenson designed his first locomotive, a travelling engine designed for hauling coal on the Killingworth wagonway named Blücher. It was constructed in the colliery workshop behind Stephenson's home, Dial Cottage, on Great Lime Road. The locomotive could haul 30 tons of coal up a hill at 4 mph (6.4 km/h), and was the first successful flanged-wheel adhesion locomotive: its traction depended on contact between its flanged wheels and the rail
Then in 1850 Gold was discovered in Oregon (Rogue River) and this allows me to pop this little memory jerker from our collective comparative youths LINK You know you want some :).
Staying on the Gold theme, Estelle Scher-Gettleman - Stage name Estelle Getty, was born in New York City, New York in 1923. Going on to be famous as Sophia Petrillo in the Golden Girls.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
1984, Jul 25 : USSR During EVA Of Salyut-7 Space Station Cosmonaut Svetlana Savitskaya Was First Woman To Walk In Space.

[video=youtube;hY85a15n5QY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY85a15n5QY[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
And a girl on a beach a couple of miles away had her swimsuit blown off by the Shockwave - She had no Bikini Atoll... I'll get me coat

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE