Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hmmmm I blame my history teacher for this misinformation, I was a know-it-all teenager at the time so I cannot be held accountable to any blame. :nono:

Obviously I meant Sir Walter Raleigh who was Bonny Prince William of Orange the Conqueror's 2nd in command of the English fleet. D'oh! Sorry. :eek:

Bit luckily the English King Cnut (Canute) turned them back by making the tide go out.

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Keep on forgetting about the Chinese and Indians. Would like to see a manned moon base - we're falling way behind on Gerry Anderson here.
well that would be good to see, at least their rations would be tasty
But really both countries are making great strides into the space race.
Your just after the girls from UFO in there knitted uniforms
UFO_couture.jpg

Bob

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
well that would be good to see, at least their rations would be tasty
But really both countries are making great strides into the space race.
Your just after the girls from UFO in there knitted uniforms
UFO_couture.jpg

Bob

or was it Maya?
[video=youtube;ZKiIYvWIUj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKiIYvWIUj0[/video]

The rations would be good thogh, unless you watch these programs: -

Bizarre Foods. Link.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Did you know the original design of the Millennium Falcon was supposed to be like the Space 1999 Eagle?

"According to Star Wars creator George Lucas, the Millennium Falcon's design was inspired by a hamburger, with the cockpit being an olive on the side. The ship originally had a more elongated appearance, but the similarity to the Eagle Transporters in Space: 1999 prompted Lucas to change the Falcon's design. The original model was modified, re-scaled, and used as Princess Leia's ship, Tantive IV." Wikipedia.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well to balance in a Ying/Yang sort of way the first post in this thread & keep the Abominable Scouse Monster happy on this day in 1298 The Battle of Falkirk, (Blàr na h-Eaglaise Brice in Gaelic) took place. It was one of the major battles in the First War of Scottish Independence. Led by King Edward I of England, known as Edward Longshanks and the Hammer of the Scots Latin: Malleus Scotorum, the English army defeated the Scots, led by William Wallace. Shortly after the battle Wallace resigned as Guardian of Scotland.
Falkirk-1.jpg

This was despite the English King using his relatively new force and weapon the Welsh longbowmen.
As for birthdays, well he's definitely "Getting to old for this S***" as it's Danny Glover's. At 67 (born 1946), he's taking a bit of a backseat these days as a LAPD cop who also fights the odd Predator but still likes The Colour Purple.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
William Wallace resigned as Guardian of Scotland? I thought he was hung, drawn and quartered ... You mean Mel Gibson got it wrong? Surely not!

Thanks Son. Danny Glover shares his birthday with my little brother, he's 49 today.

Oh please, please never allude to that puddle of pig poo of a film Braveheart again. It pains me.

And a :hapbirth:to Uncle Biker. Did you remember to send him a card? Does he know he was born on the same day as Bonnie Langford? That'll cheer him up.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE