Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I said my style is cramped not nonexistent. Get it right boy! No wonder dad complains about your sloppiness!

Rub your head on the window by all means but remember the rules. You smear it, you clean it.

That's why I lick the window while I'm there...

I see Dad's been "too busy" again to come and play. Once a year he dresses up as Batman and chains himself to a railing to prove what a good Dad he is... then Pfft gone swanning around a French gites drawing half naked ladies...

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
That's why I lick the window while I'm there...

I see Dad's been "too busy" again to come and play. Once a year he dresses up as Batman and chains himself to a railing to prove what a good Dad he is... then Pfft gone swanning around a French gites drawing half naked ladies...
Dad parents with a light touch so that we learn self reliance, or so he always says.

The Batman costume makes a change from the French maid outfit he normally favours. I can still remember cringing when he used to wear it on school runs :(

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Dad parents with a light touch so that we learn self reliance, or so he always says.

The Batman costume makes a change from the French maid outfit he normally favours. I can still remember cringing when he used to wear it on school runs :(

It could be worse it could be running around wearing a the flying helmet and and holding a bit of celery.
[video=youtube;__nCqus8plY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__nCqus8plY[/video]
Bob

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

It's the way he used to fill his high heels with foie gras before putting them on and acting out scenes from 'Allo 'Allo!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
It could be worse it could be running around wearing a the flying helmet and and holding a bit of celery.
[video=youtube;__nCqus8plY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__nCqus8plY[/video]
Bob

Did you know that the celery chap played a German guard in the film "The Dirty Dozen"?

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
It's the way he used to fill his high heels with foie gras before putting them on and acting out scenes from 'Allo 'Allo!

Memories of that sight and the smell haunt me to this day. Childhood traumas are always the worst hey?

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just a quick question but do you boys sniff glue solvents? I asked the Matron and the other penguins at the orphanage and they said they'd stopped the motivational beatings back in the mid 90's.

Dad is just worried about his lads is all. This light touch parenting Huon mentioned can be a two-edged sword. So don't make me have to call in the urine drug tester please.

24321157.jpg

Hey Son, I did wonder if you'd forgotten about today's commemoration day. Thought you might have had a relapse with your leg is all. How ya doing anyway?

Happy Esperanto day and happy 70th Birthday Mr Michael Jagger too.

Clan Colinniloc eh? Very clever, but I'm not sure a street gang is a good thing to belong to at your impressionable young ages.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
27th July
1994: Hubble Space Telescope - USA & Europe Telescope photographed the collision of Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 with Jupiter.

1999: Deep Space 1 (DS1) - USA Asteroid and Comet Flyby - (launched 24 October 1998) flew by the Mars-crossing near-Earth asteroid 9969 Braille. The Deep Space 1 (DS1) is the first of a series of technology demonstration probes being developed by NASA's New Millennium Program. It again flew by comet Borrelly in September 2001.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Not as pretty and mean looking as the 262 the Meteor first flew in 1943 and commenced operations on 27 July 1944 with 616 Squadron of the Royal Air Force (RAF). Although the Meteor was not an aerodynamically advanced aircraft, it proved to be a successful and effective combat fighter.
The Meteor was initially used to counter the V-1 flying bomb threat. 616 Squadron Meteors saw action for the first time on 27 July 1944, when three aircraft were active over Kent. These were the first operational jet combat missions for the Meteor and for the Royal Air Force. After some problems, especially with jamming guns, the first two V1 "kills" were made on 4 August. By war's end, Meteors accounted for 14 flying bombs. After the end of the V-1 threat, and the introduction of the ballistic V-2 rocket, the RAF was forbidden to fly the Meteor on combat missions over German-held territory for fear of an aircraft being shot down and salvaged by the Germans.
And today in 1984 James Mason, one of the best voices in film history passed away aged 75.
Strangely he was cremated (in 2000), after a delay of 16 years his ashes were buried in Corsier-sur-Vevey, Vaud, Switzerland.[SUP] [/SUP]The remains of Mason's old friend Charlie Chaplin are in a tomb a few steps away.

[video=youtube;ezqDuCyD7rY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezqDuCyD7rY[/video]

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Also today, two heroes from my youth.

The first solo crossing of an ocean was completed by John Fairfax of Britain on 19 July 1969. He rowed from Gran Canaria in the Canary Islands to Hollywood Beach, Florida in 180 days. In the same year Tom McClean, also of Britain, rowed from Newfoundland, Canada arriving in Blacksod Bay, Ireland on 27 July 1969. Despite having left almost four months after Fairfax he came within 8 days of beating Fairfax to the title of first solo rower of any ocean.

fairfax_2142394b.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Also today, two heroes from my youth.

The first solo crossing of an ocean was completed by John Fairfax of Britain on 19 July 1969. He rowed from Gran Canaria in the Canary Islands to Hollywood Beach, Florida in 180 days. In the same year Tom McClean, also of Britain, rowed from Newfoundland, Canada arriving in Blacksod Bay, Ireland on 27 July 1969. Despite having left almost four months after Fairfax he came within 8 days of beating Fairfax to the title of first solo rower of any ocean.

View attachment 20744

Let's see Mr Fairfax try it now with the US Coastguard.
[video=youtube;WSCw2iIuV1A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSCw2iIuV1A[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Excellent tale, when in hospital earlier in the year a lovely old chap a couple of beds down was telling me of his escape from Dunkirk. He and two other wounded men managed to make it to a small rowing boat after their ship was strafed on the beach and rowed back to England. Once healed it was back to unit and ready to go again. Was still carrying shrapnel to this day. Tough old bird and so unassuming.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE