BG Ultimate knife. straight from the horses mouth!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I handled one of these this weekend along with his parang,they are exactly what they look like.
The knife felt very cheap and nasty and the parang seemed to be the exact opposite of what a parang should be.
I washed my hands after touching them.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Damn i feel so inadiquate now without one of these. Can anyone tell me where i can get one from today.

Oh and do you know if i can get one without the grippy rubber handle and the stainless blade.

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
It's got serrations, it looks like a cheap imitation of several knives that Gerber already make and, looking at the video, when the firesteel is used most of the sparks seem to adhere to the knife blade. Maybe it was just melting.

Sorry, I don't like BG bashing but that knife looks to be a 'cash-in' celebrity-brand-fanboy gimmick, which is a little disappointing.

Shame

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
thought you would all enjoy this! never actually seen him talk about his knife before, personally reckon he is more of a tool than any of his knives!!......see what i did there??.... i thankyou!! :D

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
I think its an excellent product to sell. Good popularity, good marketing, cheap build cost, I bet him and Gerber will make a lot of money from that and I respect him for doing so. If I was in his shoes I would of done the exact same.

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
But WHO exactly will buy it?? anybody who knows anything about knives can see it for what it is and wont buy it. resulting in a load of BG wannabees army rolling around local woodlands, jumping off waterfalls and wildly hacking at anything they see "surviving" all over the place. Knives are not toys as we all know!! And shouldn't be marketed to people who want to "play" Bear Grylls.

Dan

Wayland

Hárbarðr
rofl.gif

Ratbag

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
But WHO exactly will buy it?? <snip>
Dan

Er,.... Scouts? A lot of the Scouting movement think BG is fantastic and is doing great things as Chief Scout. Marketing opportunity in spades, and it'll almost happen by itself.

BTW, from what I've seen and read, BG IS a great Chief Scout. Just my opinion.

Rat

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
But WHO exactly will buy it?? anybody who knows anything about knives can see it for what it is and wont buy it. resulting in a load of BG wannabees army rolling around local woodlands, jumping off waterfalls and wildly hacking at anything they see "surviving" all over the place. Knives are not toys as we all know!! And shouldn't be marketed to people who want to "play" Bear Grylls.

Dan

But lets face it that is a very small percentage of the population, and not the target market.

As said a number of scouts will buy it.

At the end of the day if it does the job then who cares.

Andy

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
There are some features of it I quite like the idea/concept of whistle on lanyard, sharpener and fire steel incorporated but I don't like part serrated blades; I can see why stainless is chosen but again not my preference day to day
I think the price point is aimed at a certain market probably quite cynically and at the end of the day the buyers who want that sort of branded utility thing are getting a reasonable deal.I can see it being quite handy sea kayak touring actually-probably better than nothing for sure
But I would always take a Mora 2000 myself.In fact the branding of anything with a celebrity is the kiss of death for me

Except maybe a Mors pot of course lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE