Best present ever??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Got a RM foresters axe, Bahco laplander saw, RMs wild food book & DVD, a RM scandi axe (leaving prezzie from work but it came in time for xmas), GB axe stone and a blinding set of hand stitched leather utility boxes from Shep. All in all very bushcrafty I'd say

Cheers
Nick

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
Got a RM foresters axe, Bahco laplander saw, RMs wild food book & DVD, a RM scandi axe (leaving prezzie from work but it came in time for xmas), GB axe stone and a blinding set of hand stitched leather utility boxes from Shep. All in all very bushcrafty I'd say

Cheers
Nick

Add that lot to the collapsable saw you made and you've got a lot of 'show and tell' to do next time at Canterbury :D

sleeperman

Sep 27, 2007
N/E
I got a two season goosedown sleeping bag with a cotton liner and a thermalite inflatable
mat. Oh yes and a wind up torch off the ex wife.:D

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Fred.....Are there more details on the calorie & calorific content on the wild food featured in the book, than on the TV program ..and ..does the book feature more wild foods than on the program.... If you could let me know after you've read it....It would be much appreciated................Thanks Fred..............Gaz

Spent the day having a good read through the book. There isn't any info on califeric content on the whole but the book does comment on the fat/protein/carbohydrate content of some foods compared with others. There is certainly more food info than was on the programme and many plants etc not featured on the programme. The first part of the book looks at the mesolithic period in some detail and speculates how our ancestors might have might have utilised some species. They also compare examples of what hunter-gatherers do in other countries and how this might have applied in mesolithic Britain. Certainly worth having on the shelf and I have made quite a few notes on things to try in 2008.:rolleyes:

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
well it appears that we must have all been very good little boys and girls this year and our partners must actually listen to the things that we constantly ramble on/drop hints about. Its good to know she's paying attention.:D

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
I got "Plant Resins" by Jean Langenheim - it's spectacularly detailed :D

Also "Hatfield's Herbal" and I've got another Dan Moerman one on the way (he did
the Native American ethnobotany book and website Stuart mentioned below) called
"Meaning, Medicine and the 'Placebo Effect' (Cambridge Studies in Medical Anthropology)".

OK, more ethnobotany than bushcrafty but all from the same hymn sheet I think :)

'm'off to read 'em!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have to say my wife has impressed me this year!:D
She got me the Cegga Axe as an early present.
I got a new firesteel, a new helly hansen lifa shirt, a NorthFace hat, a new dutch army bivibag(the one with the zip!), two new damascus steel blades to work on.(Not really presents for me but the wife opted to pay for them!)
She also bought me a load of leather working tools, a jigsaw(the DIY type;) ) and a new dremel type tool with an extra accessories pack to go with it.
And to top it all I got a new Leatherman Core!:D

I would say I am very happy this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
well if we are talking bushcrafting. well i got of my parents a DD hammock along with a DD tarp and also a nomad mosi net now thats what i call a good bushcrafting christmas.

I also got a book called "Call of the wild" by guy grieve so far i am about four chapters in and it is mint.

So for any one who does not know about the book it is basically a ture story about a guy called Guy Grieve who has a job at the scotman newspaper and well jacks it in and goes and spend a year living in the inteirer of alaska and the book is his story from when he had the idea to when he comes home

drew

www.drewdunnrespect.blogspot.com

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
10 rat packs, 150 metres of paracord, second dehydrator, and 20 litres of paraffin :)

500Gb external hard drive, not bushcrafty now, but will be next year on a new project:cool:

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
I got a SASS goretex liner (for my SASS Ventile smock that I got for my Birthday:cool: ).
The RM Wild Food book (not very far into it yet but it looks good), a River Cottage book (not exactly Bushcrafty, but good info on game etc.).
Finally a Buffalo Special 6 Shirt ( something I've wanted for nigh on 18 years but never got around to getting:cool: )
I reckon I'm set Jacketwise with this combo ( The GTX will have to be resigned to work and shopping use:yuck: ).

All in all Santa has been good to me.

The only thing is now to find the time to get out and use them:rolleyes: :D

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
Oh...
Forgot about a bottle of Glenmorangie, Aberlour, Mc Callan, Jura Superstition and Ardlui( my favourite after Lagavulin,36 quid a bottle:eek: )
Not very Bushcrafty, just thought I'd let you know:D

Oooh... I Love me Malts:D :rolleyes: :D :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hey Wildrover,

can you psot some more info on the SASSkit liner please?

I didn't know such a thing existed! Err how does it attach, how much (if you know), is it sweaty, do I want one, everything really!

Red

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I got the materials to be make a new knife from Kniv-Per, the money to buy a belt/disc sander to help with my knifemaking and Bruce Parry's book Tribe.
This was for Christmas and Birthday combined.

Alf

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
I got a book on knots, a wicked little drum for the fireside and a plethora of utility items from MikeE via the brantub.

The next most bushcrafty thing I got was chocolate!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The wife got me a 200g Ullfrotte top, the Wild Gourmets book and a UK long distance walking book.

The cat got me Rays' Wild Food DVD.

Santa (me) got me a Cegga/Red axe, new knife, sheath and firesteel beautifully crafted by Dougster and a hex fly for my HH.

Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE