Best present ever??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Didn't got any bushcrafty presents with Christmas ...
Got 2 DVD's, painting with pics of GF and me, alarmclock, book and a cookbook.

Earlier this month we had Sinterklaas (If you take a close look at history it actually is the same guy on whom Santa Claus is based - thanks to our american friends and the 2nd world war, we now have this guy visiting twice :naughty: :present: :bandit:

He brought me: matchcase, more cookbooks - I'm a student but that not necessarily means I'm starving to death - besides: you can't eat a cookbook ..., tea towels :rolleyes: , folding cup and a Trangia kettle :D

My parents visited London at the end of Novemer and they brought me a Waterman re-fill pencil pen thingy to accompany my fountain pen (I can't write with a ballpoint ... :rolleyes: )

Pretty chuffed :D

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
Hey Wildrover,

can you psot some more info on the SASSkit liner please?

I didn't know such a thing existed! Err how does it attach, how much (if you know), is it sweaty, do I want one, everything really!

Red

Hi Red,

It does seem a bit of a bargain at £25(+pp)

I will try and post impressions and maybe pics tonight (if I can work out how).
Heres the Blurb and a link for now.

This new GORETEX® garment with its fast wicking PERTEX® lining will help keep you dry, warm, comfortable, even safe and fully functioning. Foul weather? Just wear the Goretex® liner underneath your Outer Jacket. Yet when not needed it is compact enough to be carried in a SAS smock pocket! Designed as a button-in liner for the Dutch Forces’ Parka, SASS have added front buttons, so can be worn underneath any type of smock/jacket as an independant clothing layer. The Dutch Forces wanted weather protection without the weight, bulk, shine, rustle and easily damaged outer jacket, and the problems of a permanently sewn-in liner. New unissued, supplied to SASS in original manufacturer’s boxes.

http://www.sasskit.co.uk/products/foulweatherclothing/stashawaysmockliners.htm

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
just when i thought it couldnt get any better i have just been surprised with a brand new pair of Meindl Burma boots!!!:Wow: they fit like an absolute dream.:D :D :D

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
However I did get ( Via Gift card )" National Audubons Society Field Guide To Mushrooms".
Also A Coleman Propane 2 Burner Camp Stove ( I won in a Christmas Charity Auction at Work ), Good for Campground trips with the Better half.

:)

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
just when i thought it couldnt get any better i have just been surprised with a brand new pair of Meindl Burma boots!!!:Wow: they fit like an absolute dream.:D :D :D

I HATE YOU BECUASE I AM GREEN WITH ENVY!!

I have Irish Setter Hunting Boots already, as well as Upland Boots from same, plus Hiking boots but MEINDL'S ( Sigh's yearningly )!!!

:puppy_dog

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
I got, Ray Mears wild food DVD & Book, Collons Gem Food For Free, Guy Grieve Call of the Wild. Read it already, great book. The Wild Gourmets book. A Swanndri Stalker extreem Jacket, that is XXXL top coat, its brill. Combination Japanees water stone, Fajall Raven wallet, and I ordered myself on the group buy a DD hammock that Sandbag tells me is on ots way.:D :D
However NO Malts!:( So Wild Rover. ;) Where are we going to meet up to sample your gifts?:p :beerchug:
I may just have to look out for the sales at Odbins:rolleyes:
On a Bushcraft note I bought my daughter a Frost, Childs carving knife from Kris @ Greenman Bushcraft, she likes it and should be able to start carving beside me now. Her first knife at 7 yrs old.
In general it looks like we have all done quite well, we must all be good boys & girls.

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
You know, half my Xmas list was bushcrafty, but the oly thing I got was two tools for a shovel recce. One is perfect (ex Army), the other will never be used and resigned to the evil bay bin.

I'm still chuffed. It's only taken me three year to get the folding shovel.

Big Bad Stu

Nomad
Jul 18, 2006
Shropshire
I got a GB Hunters Axe for the collection from my Mum :red: (it is simply spectacular). I also got Tribe on DVD, CBBC's Serious Survival book to introduce the boy to the outdoors when he is a bit bigger and "The Dangerous Book for Boys" Survival Manual, a bit tongue in cheek but an entertaining read. The wife got me the Long Way Down book and DVDs as well.

The most random present was a dust pan and brush. Were they trying to tell us something?

Stewey.:D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
A B&D Work-mate a bottle of The Glenlivet and a bottle of Laphroig, 2 miniatures of special Glenmorangies, "The Long Way Down" book a "Sharpe" novel, three Disk World books, lots of sweeties, a bit of cash, an aromatherapy massage gift voucher, more books (archeological/historical/ethnographical) with big titles, tool kit and more....

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
You know, half my Xmas list was bushcrafty, but the oly thing I got was two tools for a shovel recce. One is perfect (ex Army), the other will never be used and resigned to the evil bay bin.

I'm still chuffed. It's only taken me three year to get the folding shovel.

I know the feeling ;)
The only reason I got some bushcrafty stuff was because I'm new in the "in-law family", they don't know me well enough to buy other things than listed on my wish list ... Now I'm thinking ... New year ... New GF? :naughty: :D ;)

Naaaahhhh :puppy_dog she's soooooo sweeeet <insert random in-love-smiley>

Jembly/Sloth

Dec 6, 2007
Appledore, Kent
All sounds superb.

I recieved Cassells Wilflower etc guide which looks superb if unweildy, but it should go with their tree guide!. Two Frost's knives, GB axestone and falkniven DC3 whetstone, Wild Gourmets and a promised GB axe :approve: as the parents didn't know which I would prefer or where was best to go buy it. The Titchmarsh Nature of Britain book and another cleaning set for teh Swarovski's, just another hint from Dad that he wants to borrow them more often I think :rolleyes: .

Oh and a fair chunk of book tokens.

Just missing the kettle and Mors' book but oh well! The Laphroigh 10yr and Ardbeg Uigedeal (sp?) appear to be making up for that.

Nov 12, 2007
Canada
Actually, I feel I have the best bushcraft gift ever. My daughter Meg. She was born on my wife's birthday, so we called her my wife's birthday gift. Now granted, technically she's not a 'gift' but being six years old now, I imagine in a few more years she will be right there along with me in the woods.
Sorry mate's if this comes off a bit sappy, but I feel really lucky to have this 'bushcraft gift'. :)
Cheers
Alex

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE