Berghaus Munro dimensions details needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pierr

Forager
Sep 15, 2008
France
Hi,

I'm considering purchase of a Munro but I have some doubts on the actual capacity. It is stated for 35L. Official dimensions are stated as : (approx) 52cm (H) x 30cm (W) x 18cm (D). That actually seems a bit smaller than my Alpkit Gourdon stated for 30L.

Could someone take real life measurement or comment on actual volume compared to other packs? If the Munro is actually a bit BIGGER than the Gourdon then it should work for me. If it is smaller it wil definitively not.

Cheers
P.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Could be that your Alpkit Gourdon is on the generous side...........I've had several packs of supposedly 65 litres, yet all of different sizes,( & capacities).....I think some manufacturers "cut their cloth" to the minimum while others are more liberal with their fabric.........the munro is a military pack so I would have thought that the stated litrage would be more accurate than that of a civvy bag. since specifications are more strict.

That said, I did have a German army flecktarn rucksack which was claimed everywhere ( not the Bundeswehr) as being of 65 ltrs.......but in reality was nearer 50l. all pockets included.

EDIT: you've probably seen this but the vid does give a good idea of the size ( more so than measurements ) & you can guesstimate if your kit will fit in or not....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t89uNq0nJdA

Last edited:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Mine are in the shed at the moment but the main sac of the centurio is smaller than the Munro but with the side pockets it's a perfect size.

Both are great sacs, you have the extra carrying straps on the cent' and can add side pockets to the munro too.

I have both so I am biased.

Pierr

Forager
Sep 15, 2008
France
Thanks for the answer. If a good opportunity arise I will snap one but it seems a bit borderline for my need and will go with a home made solution - or try at least.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE