Bikethings run-out-of-room sale - part 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Bivvy bags, Thermarests, warm clothes :hatscarf: Optimus Nova+, non-stick pot set...

Continuing on with the “run-out-of-room” sale :), next up I have the following:

Goretex Bivvy bag – Unknown make
Looks to be the same stuff used for the issue hooped bivvies – Olive green on the outside – A protective cloth mesh type coating on the inside. There is a zip closure across the neck so you can seal yourself inside in a ‘body-bag’ stylee :eek:

Dimensions when laid flat are 210 cm long, 81cm wide at the shoulders, tapering to 60cm at the foot end. I’m selling it because it’s a touch shorter than I’d like for my 6’1” height. Weighs 584g in it’s bag.
Used for one night on a campsite

£50 posted

Arrows show where the closure zip goes across
bodybag.jpg

bodybag_opening.jpg

Alpkit Hunka bivvy bag

Brand new, never used in Ninja Black :naughty: – tried it for size indoors once and found it a bit narrow for me. It’s the original one, not the ‘XL’

Overall dimensions when laid flat are 214cm long x 79cm at the shoulders, tapering to 50cm at the foot end. Weighs only 397g !!

£25 posted SOLD

British Army Bivvybag in DPM
In excellent condition with no tears or patches. Made of heavy duty DPM breathable fabric
Used by me once in a debris shelter for 4 days on a course. This is ‘the Daddy’ of the bivvy bag world measuring a whopping 260cm long x 85cm wide at the shoulders PLUS a large triangular gusset for even more shoulder room. Tapers down to 67cm wide at the foot end and weights 958g
£30 posted SOLD

Thermarest Prolite 3 (regular)
Very little (if any?) use. Clean condition, complete with stuff-sack. Has been stored uncompressed with the valve open on top of a wardrobe.
Dimensions are 184cm long, 51cm wide at the shoulders, 40cm wide at the foot and 23mm thick in its ‘rest’ state with the valve open
£45 posted

Trest_prolite.jpg

Trest_prolite_label.jpg

Thermarest ¾ length
(not sure what height it’s ¾ of though :rolleyes: ) Clean condition – bought for use in a hammock, but not needed after I bought an underblanket (or 2 :eek: ). Has been stored with the valve open under the bed (which is why I forgot I had it :rolleyes: )
Dimensions are 120cm long x 52cm wide, and 22mm thick in it’s ‘rest’ state with the valve open

£30 posted

trest3qtr.jpg

trest3qtr_label.jpg

Decathlon Thermarest copy
Bought so I could double up with my thermarest – used once inside a tent for 2 nights then stored on top of the wardrobe with the valve open (just like my other 3 :rolleyes:)
Dimensions in its ‘rest’ state with the valve open are 172cm long x 50cm wide x 21mm thick

£20 posted SOLD

Dutch Field jacket – Helly Hansen – 80% wool!
Bought from Endicott’s – this is the older Dutch issue made by Helly Hansen in 80% wool for better spark resistance (great for round the camp fire :) )
These are long jackets, with a ‘drop tail’ to keep yer bum warm and thumbholes in the cuffs ; nice tall fluffy collar and a full length zip down the front

Not sure how the sizing works (see label below) I took the following measurements with the jacket laid flat and the zip done up : back length = 78cm (front) , 85cm (back) ; pit-to-pit = 61cm ; arm length from collar seam to end of cuff = 78cm ; arm length from pit to cuff = 60cm

£25 posted SOLD

Optimus Nova+ multifuel stove
Fired up a couple of times in the back garden to test, otherwise unused..
Comes with burner, fuel bottle, pump, windshield (unused), ‘magic tool’, and carry bag (still sealed in plastic)

£85 including RMSD SOLD

Non-stick pot set (Terra clone)
A copy of the Optimus Terra cookset – without the pot-cosy (or the price tag).
Comprises the following in non-stick coated aluminium:

Large pot (approx 18cm diameter).
Small pot (approx. 17.6cm diameter)
Frying pan (approx 20cm diameter)

Also includes pot grabber, mesh carry bag and soft cleaning cloth. still in its box and unused :rolleyes:

£15 posted SOLD

please note that while I will endeavour to post things out as soon as practical, I do occasionally have to work away for a few days - sometimes at short notice.

Thanks for looking :)
Steve

Last edited:

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Evening Steve,

What's the packed size of the 'Decathlon Thermarest copy'?

Depending on size I'll take it.

Cheers,
Steve

bikething

May 31, 2005
Evening Steve,

What's the packed size of the 'Decathlon Thermarest copy'?

Depending on size I'll take it.

Cheers,
Steve
Hi Steve (there's a lot of us about :))

Packs into a cylinder approx 11" long by 6" Diameter. Would go a little smaller on diameter, but the bag is a loose fit so the mat unrolls slightly in it. Also the foam 'core' in this is a solid compressable sheet, not perforated like the ultralite thermarests.. Weighs 770g in it's stuffsack.

HTH
Steve

Last edited:

bikething

May 31, 2005

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE