Bearclaw Bushcraft Greenhorn Course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone here is going to be attending the Bearclaw Bushcraft Greenhorn course 16th - 18th of September? :)

Cheers

Grez..

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Not on it myself but you'll have a smashing time guys, Ashdown forest will be just starting to turn for the fall then and it's a lovely pitch you'll be on.

Good luck! :D

Bam.

miniac

Forager
Sep 1, 2005
Rainham, Essex, UK
I am going to this aswell, me and a mate been looking foward to this since we booked our places.

The write ups about the greenhorn have all been good :)

will see you there

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
Excellent... I look forward to meeting you all. I just hope the weather holds.

Grez..

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
I'd like to go on the next one. Is there a chance that there will be another one this year, eg October? There would be 2 of us. How many is needed for a course of this type?
George :)

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Hi Guys, this September course is an extra one put on due to demand, there are a still a couple of places left but only a couple as Gary likes to keep the course size relatively small to give it a more personal feel, also you will have to Email Gary VIA the bearclaw site to book, Gary will be in ashdown forest from this Sunday so will be unable to take bookings next week so you have 4 days to get hold of him ;) Hope this answers your questions and See you there :D

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
Well I finished packing last night and I think I have packed everything but the kitchen sink. It feels like I have packed way to much.

Anyway see you all tomorrow. Hope you all have good journeys..

Grez..

fa11en ange1

Forager
Jun 20, 2005
Dover, Kent
www.fragraceandgame.com
I'm not packing until tomorrow, as I have a day off work, and can't wait to go through the paranoid process of checking the list repeatedly and packing/unpacking a few times just to make sure I've remembered everything. Plus I need to pop out and get some more Paracord in the morning, it really is amazing how quickly you can go through 50ft of the stuff.

What time are you going to get there?

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
fa11en ange1 said:
What time are you going to get there?

I'm going to be leaving at 3pm but It should in theory only take me 3 hours, but I will have to deal with the M25 :( and last time I was on the M25 it added about 1.5 hours to my journey.

Grez..

fa11en ange1

Forager
Jun 20, 2005
Dover, Kent
www.fragraceandgame.com
I had a fantastic time on the course, really can't fault anything about it other than the fact I had to come home at the end. Gary and JP did a fantastic job of instructing and guiding all the students and overall the course is incredible value for money. If I get the chance I'll attempt to write a more detailed review with a couple of photos later, but the highlights were as follows:

Made a spoon :D
Skinned a rabbit :D
Tried squirrel :D
Got a new Knife and Firesteel :D
Didn't get cold in my hammock :D
Managed to start a fire with a spark and birch bark, without relying on thistle down to catch the spark :D

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Good for you Mate, I did the Vildmark course with them both earlier this year and they're both very good instructors.

Glad you had a tops time and now maybe it's time for you to think about joining them on next years Vildmark trip....I'm going again I enjoyed it so much!!! :D

Bam. :)

miniac

Forager
Sep 1, 2005
Rainham, Essex, UK
Hi all, need to tell everyone about the fantastic time I had on the Green Horn course run by Gary and JP from Bearclaw Bushcraft. A pair of fantastic fellas made this a great weeekend. Ashdown forest is a wonderfull place to be and on the sunday I was sad to leave. High lights for me were;

Great course mates,
My first spoon :D ,
Fire lighting skills,
Skinning a bunny (much to my GF disgust :eek: )
Eating sqirrell,
Looking at animal poo (thanks JP)

Am now in negotiations with the GF to go on the Vildmark course!

FANTASTIC :D

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
All I can do is totally agree with fa11en ange1 and miniac, I would reccomend this course to anyone. Gary and JP are a great pair of guys.

Some of the many highlights of the weekend for me were,

Excellent coarse mates,
Finally managed to light a fire with just birch bark as tinder,
Skinned some squirrels (little buggers),
Discovered that I need lots of practice at spoon carving.

I have definatly been bitten by the bushcrafting bug so much so that I have already asked for the details so I can go on next years Vildmark course.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE