Bear Grylls Survival Acadamy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
If I had the "spare" money i'd rather go on one of Mr Mears "specials" - Namibia or canada similar prices but far better locations :)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Mate, give me that option and the temperature of the planet would go up a few degrees. ( until squishy found out i said that then its gonna drop a few) :D

I have just read the small print and that price includes Angelina Jolie in your bivi-bag and a full English.

She should keep you warm at night :naughty::campfire:

durhammaker

Feb 1, 2008
durham.
So let me get this you get to be shown how to by someone who was in the TA SAS, acts like a goon on TV, and is a Scout..*** get real £2,999 can but a whole lot more like....6 woodlores!

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
just out of curiosity, how much would a week doing normal touristy things in scotland generally cost? you know, deer stalking, salmon fishing, grouse shooting, that kind of thing, more or less than three grand?

cheers

stuart

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
On 1 hand i can't really blame the bloke for cashing in on his 15 mins of fame, once that's died down he still needs to support his family financially.

On the other hand there are folks out there with more money then sense.
These types would pay twice that just so they can sit next to him and stare starry eyed at him.

Pretty sure he'll sell all his spots, but i think that says more about the society we live in these days than any value for money these courses offer.
But then to me ANY survival course that you pay for (i.e. not work related) is just grown blokes play acting and paying money to learn skills many of which they'll never HAVE to use again.

I guess it's no different than people spending their hard earned on a knife that's got Ray Mears name on it, or a knife that looks something like a knife that was used in a film, or folks paying 10x the price to service their car at a stealer i mean main dealer.

To respond to Southey's post:
More money than sense? Some idiot will pay that? Hahahahahahhahahahahahhaa jealous much?

Nope i'm not jealous in any way-shape-or-form.

You really couldn't pay me enough to spend 6 days with 10 blokes and some over hyped posh kid, in the middle of nowhere, in the freezing cold, sleeping rough.
But then i wouldn't go if it was Ray Mears, Lofty Wiseman or if Jesus himself came back to give a "survival" course.

udamiano

On a new journey
I'd even throw in the equipment for free. And personally serve them
Posh little snacks on biscuits (horses ooves, something :) I think they're called)
Every night in front of the fire for that price. Oh and add you to my Christmas card list ( I don't have one really, but heho 3k is 3k lol)

Fat Rog

Forager
Sep 30, 2012
Rotherham, S. Yorks
Except I can't find any reference on the website that says BG will be within 1000miles of the course.

Yeah I wondered that too. To quote from the website:

"The Academy has been designed by Bear Grylls and will be run by his close team of highly trained experts."

And a little further down:

"To help deliver the course, Bear has teamed up with Worldwide Experience, experts in delivering high quality experience-led conservation and volunteering courses around the world."

On Another page:

"The course is delivered by a range of instructors from the Man v Wild/Born Survivor crew. On occasion, Bear himself will make an appearance for select courses although this will be dependent on his schedule and commitments at the time and cannot be guaranteed."

So no guarantee that the man himself is gonna be anywhere near. Of course, there's no guarantee that Lofty Wiseman will be your instructor on a Trueways course, but then again Trueways aren't charging anything like £3k, even for the "High Stress" course. Seems to me this course has been designed exclusively for people who have more money than sense.

Hey ho.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE