Bear Grylls producer snake bite....../Gore warning !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
No, they are mainly leaf litter ambush hunters.

Thanks. That does make much more sense. Now if we can just figure out if it really was a fer de Lance and they got the country wrong, or if they got the country right and the species wrong?

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
The episode aired in the past few days.

The producer got bit whilst scout a few days ahead of the participants going into the jungle.

The show itself is a little odd. Why would anyone go into the jungle just with a gerber gator machete jr, and an ultimate survival strike force, and completely naked.

Rich.H

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2010
N.Ireland
Finding it hard to feel much sympathy on this one. The BG shows are well known for their over the top sensationalism of survival and being downright fake in the filmed situations. While this was not a BG show it is clear it is just another "Reality entertainment show" this is clearly going to be full of over reacting to situations etc to make what is seen as good telly.

For me this screams one thing "If I work on this show I will be around potentially dangerous animals & plants being handled in an irresponible manner" For anyone to go ahead and do this and then not wear protective clothing of a high caliber is just asking for trouble. With any luck they chap may have at least learned his painful lesson.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Fer de Lance.

Picture%20231-L.jpg

Rich.H

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2010
N.Ireland
Does this triangular head shape always mean the snake is one to be wary of?

It's the typical head shape of the viper group of snakes, generally implies large strong fangs which act as hollow needles, as opposed to simply dripping venom they inject it with force. Also the rear points of the triangle can generally give you an idea just how big the venom glands are in the snake. Generally though all vipers can give a pretty scary dose of venom in relation to their overall size.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
It's the typical head shape of the viper group of snakes, generally implies large strong fangs which act as hollow needles, as opposed to simply dripping venom they inject it with force. Also the rear points of the triangle can generally give you an idea just how big the venom glands are in the snake. Generally though all vipers can give a pretty scary dose of venom in relation to their overall size.

Thanks for that :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE