Bear Grylls Parang N' Stuff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
About one minute in....

[video=youtube;eJFchJtYHiE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJFchJtYHiE&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Looks liek a variation of the native SA one Ray uses, but with all Bear stuff going on with it.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
And more...[video=youtube;5JmP5RnicQs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JmP5RnicQs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

He's going to need some sherpas to carry all that lot for him. That parang has a weird handle angle.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
the parang looks pretty boring... but i do like the sheath with bits built in.... reminds me of some of the other gerber knives to be honest though....60usd would be a very impressive asking price for all of that considering a fire steel is expensive enough on its own.....

i will stick to the parang i get issued through work and the mora clipper for the time being... never had any problems and never wanted anything else... apart from a better sheath for the clipper... mine ALWAYS falls out. so annoying.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The handle angle looks all wrong, the point of impact if chopping a large item would have the wrist in a very strange angle that looks to me like it would cause injury. Obviously never tried or held it, so could be very wrong though. I'm happy with my ParangXL, but I would like to try that out, a bit of friction tape over the handle would sort the aesthetics out.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
at work we are banned from taking survival knives because they are usually rubbish, heavy and everything falls out just when you need them...

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
found the answer to my question, im just off to get the drill out.
moraxraywtext.jpg

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
if a cheap one comes up on here, ill buy it... because i like to support that hand made stuff from this site. but im not going to spend that much money on a sheath. i can buy a blade, scales and sheath leather in a kit for less than 30 quid and make my own if i really want to do something like that...

thanks for the link though.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
i have no idea which mora i had originally, it was similar to the clipper, but had a hole in the handle and an infinitely better sheath, got given it as a present when i joined the army, but left it on a mountain in the andes. i loved that thing to pieces. shame they dont make them anymore.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE